Dec 15, 2017
The 2017 Junior Chamber International World Congress brought together young people, business, government, and communities in the Netherlands. This event, held in Amsterdam between November 6th to November 10th 2017, was an opportunity for people all over the world to attend for purposes of personal and professional development, and create positive local and international change.
Between 10:00 - 10:45 on November 7th, Ultimaker co-founder and chief technology officer Siert Wijnia spoke to a large audience, championing the impact of 3D printing on sustainability in his lecture: 3D Printing And The SDGS.
Siert’s speech lasted from covering the past, present, and future of additive manufacturing, and the role Ultimaker has played in this evolution.
Siert also spoke about Ultimaker has been redefining the world of 3D printing, through a commitment to reliability and accessibility, that has made them a favorite of businesses, educators, and professional users worldwide.
Following Siert’s speech, our service partner Distrinova arranged a visit to Makerversity for each speech attendee, where they had the opportunity to design and 3D print an object using an Ultimaker 3D printer.
Ultimaker sees an incredible opportunity to have a positive impact on the future of education and employment. By leveraging technology in modern ways to create personal learning paths, students can receive an education that is more outcome-driven. This creates sustainable development and has the potential to improve communities around the world.
Built for creative and practical minds, Ultimaker provides:
- Reliability and ease of use. Ultimaker 3D printers are designed to be easy-to-use and simple to maintain. No advanced skills are required to get started.
- Accurate, precise results. Consistently high quality, whether you need complex geometries or durable prototypes.
- A seamless 3D printing experience. Extensively tested preconfigured profiles for Ultimaker Cura make for a smooth 3D printing experience and consistent, high-quality results with every print.
- Ultimate accessibility. Helping businesses and educators to achieve remarkable results, Ultimaker offers professional solutions that are accessible and scalable.
- A dedicated support network. With a global network of fully trained, certified service partners, Ultimaker delivers the best customer support available.
Besides speeches, we were very excited to sponsor this event, where we provided 7,000 Ultimaker lanyards used by every exhibition attendee.
We’d like to thank everyone who attended JCI World Congress, and a special thanks to our service partner Distrinova for assisting and organizing the event. We look forward to more events in 2018!