As an ambitious and technically focused company, we always keep moving forward with innovation. We are looking for a sharp-minded and talented software engineer who can help our software development team reach the next level in creating more and even better quality products.
Our new team member should have a highly technical background in computer engineering or applied computer science.
Are you up for the challenge? Then, keep reading.
What will you be doing?
As a software engineer, you will be working on one or more of our core software products. You will work closely with software engineers and other R&D disciplines to create awesome products. Our software team is an extremely enthusiastic and motivated team, so you’ll need to fit seamlessly into that working environment. It is your responsibility to write excellent code and unit tests and help refine user stories. With creative solutions, you contribute to the solutions we implement in our products. Your duties include the following:
- Review code from peers
- Test code from peers
- Work intensively with your Scrum team members
- Join the daily standup meetings and demos
- Help create awesome software
What will your team look like?
You will be working with talented software developers, software testers, UX designers, and product owners, helping create the best software products. We set the bar high, and we want you to help us get there.
What have we worked on recently?
We release new versions of our firmware and 3D slicing software (Cura) every other month to offer new innovations to our customers.
We are busy creating a new product that will help our customers get even more out of their printers.
What will your day in the office look like?
During the morning standup, you touch base with your team and discuss who will do what and whether someone needs your help. You work on developing a new feature for a couple of hours, and then it’s already lunch time. Over lunch in the canteen, you hear about a cool new 3D model. You plan to 3D print it later at home. Afterwards, you have a meeting with a couple of developers to discuss the functionality of a very cool new feature. Before you leave for home, you review some code from one of your peers.
Do you fit this profile?
- Bachelor’s degree in computing, computer science, engineering, or a similar field, with a minimum of three years’ relevant working experience
- Experience in a similar position within software development or, preferably, product development
- Affiliation with manufacturing techniques and subsequent fields of expertise like mechanics
- Strong eye for detail
- A proactive, passionate, and inventive attitude
- A flexible attitude and the capability to work under pressure
- A productive attitude for working toward solutions
- Experience in working with technical teams; colleagues from different backgrounds
- Good communication skills in Dutch and/or English
Definitely a plus
- Experience with Scrum/agile is preferred
- Experience with JIRA and GitHub
- Experience with 3D printing
The benefits of working with us
- A competitive salary in line with your experience
- Contributions to your pension by Ultimaker
- Paid daily commute
- 27 days of paid leave per year
- Use of an Ultimaker 3D printer
- An open family atmosphere and fun work environment
- Lunch with healthy sandwiches, salads, and a daily special
- A cutting-edge Lenovo laptop
- A convenient location within walking distance of public transport and near the highway
- Room to expand your knowledge by following courses and going to meetups
More details about Ultimaker
Ultimaker has been in operation since 2011 and, over the years, has grown to become a market leader; creating powerful, professional, and accessible desktop 3D printers. With offices in the Netherlands, New York, and Boston, plus production facilities in both Europe and the US, Ultimaker’s team of over 250 employees continually strives to offer the highest-quality 3D printers, software, and materials on the market.
We offer you the chance to be part of a young, fast-growing, technically advanced company. We are focused on further developing the Ultimaker and the world of 3D printing and further expanding the skills of our people.
We are ordinary people with extraordinary plans. Evolution is in our blood, and we have the drive to make the unbelievable believable. Just like our community of tenacious tinkerers, we love to try new ideas and see what works—in fact, our people often conceive wonders we could never have imagined on our own. Together, we make one hell of a team.
Interested in working for us? Please contact Maria Verdu by sending your motivation letter and resume or by phone.
Agency calls will not be appreciated.
Only candidates eligible to work in the EU will be considered for the role.