Are you a student in the field of mechanical engineering, mechatronics, industrial design engineering or electronics? Are you up for making a difference, with Ultimaker as your first step into the professional world? Then please read on!
Note: Internship positions starting at Q3/Q4 of 2019 have been already filled. For the next internship period (starting in Q1 2020), we will begin a new application process from October 2019.
What will you be doing?
You could be assigned tasks that support the design, integration, implementation, testing, and qualification of various Ultimaker (sub)systems. The decision on your assignment will be made in consultation with you.
What will your day at the office look like?
During the morning standup, you touch base with your team and discuss who will do what and whether someone needs your help. During that meeting, you can also talk with your team about your assignment. After working on your assignment, it’s lunch time. Over lunch in the canteen, you hear about a cool new 3D model. You plan to 3D-print it later at the office. During the afternoon, you are busy helping a senior member of your team with PCB development and testing setups for the new Ultimaker electronics.
What will your team look like?
You will be working closely with talented Electronics Engineers, Mechanical Engineers, Software Engineers and Material and Process Engineers in interdisciplinary teams guided by a Project Manager.
We set the bar high, and we want you to help us get there.
Do you fit this profile?
- Pursuing a bachelor’s or master’s degree in mechanical engineering, electronics engineering, or mechatronics engineering
- Looking for an internship for six months or longer
- Proactive with an inventive and creative attitude
- Passionate about your study
- A flexible attitude
- A productive mindset, always working toward solutions
- The ability to share your thoughts and work with colleagues from different backgrounds
- Good communication skills in Dutch and English
Definitely a plus
- Experience with or affinity for 3D printing
- CAD skills in Solidworks
- Programming skills (Python, Arduino, C)
What we offer
- Paid internship
- Good guidance during your internship
- Unlimited use of an Ultimaker 3D printer
- Access to high-tech equipment
- An open, family atmosphere and fun work environment
- Free lunch with healthy sandwiches, salads, and a daily special
- A convenient location within walking distance of the Geldermalsen train station (5 minutes) and near the highway
- Room to expand your knowledge
Interested in working for us? Please contact María Verdú by sending your motivation letter and resume, or by phone.
Only candidates eligible to work in the EU will be considered for the position. Unfortunately, given the high volume of applications we receive for our vacancies, those professionals (not entitled to work in the Netherlands) will not be given a status update.