As an ambitious and technically advanced company, we are always innovating and moving forward. We are looking for a sharp-minded and talented front-end developer who can help our software development team reach the next level and produce products of even higher quality. Are you up for the challenge? Then, keep on reading.
What will you be doing?
As a front-end developer, you will be working as an integral part of a scrum team to create awesome products. Our software team is extremely enthusiastic and motivated to reach their goals. It will be your responsibility to help develop highly functional products with a top-notch feel. This means you will:
- Work on new features and improve usability
- Coach and provide feedback for your fellow developers
- Work intensively with your Scrum team members
- Help to set up and manage automated front-end tests
- Join the sprint planning, daily stand-up meetings and demos
What will your team look like?
You will be working with talented software developers, software testers, UX/UI designers and product owners, who are dedicated to creating the best 3D printing software on the market. We set the bar high and we want you to help us excel.
What have we worked on recently?
- Ultimaker Cura: Desktop 3D printing slicing software for experts and novices, with over 1,000,000 users worldwide
- Cura Connect: Browser based scheduling and monitoring application, which allows users to manage print jobs across multiple 3D printers
What will your day in the office look like?
During the morning stand-up, you touch base with your team and discuss who will do what and whether someone needs your help. After the stand-up you work on developing a new feature for a couple of hours, and then it’s already lunch time. Over lunch in the canteen, you hear about a cool new 3D model, which you plan to 3D print later. Afterwards, you have a meeting to discuss the functionality of a very cool new feature. Before you head home, you review some code from one of your peers.
Do you fit this profile?
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a relevant role in an agile environment
- Expert knowledge of responsive web development and optimization for browsers and devices
- Strong eye for detail
- A proactive, passionate, and inventive attitude
- Flexibility and the capability to work under pressure
- Experience working with technical teams and colleagues from different backgrounds
- Good communication skills in English
Definitely a plus
- Experience with Scrum/agile
- Experience with JIRA and GitHub
- Experience with 3D printing
The benefits of working with us
- A competitive salary in line with your experience
- Contributions to your pension
- We pay for your daily commute
- 27 days of paid leave per year
- Use of an Ultimaker 3D printer
- An open, family atmosphere and fun work environment
- Lunch with healthy sandwiches, salads and a daily special
- A cutting-edge laptop
- A convenient location within walking distance of public transport and near the highway
- Room to expand your knowledge by following courses and going to meetups
More detail about Ultimaker
Ultimaker has been in operation since 2011, and over the years has grown to become a market leader, creating powerful, professional and accessible desktop 3D printers. With offices in the Netherlands, New York, and Boston, plus production facilities in both Europe and the US, Ultimaker’s team of over 250 employees continually strives to offer the highest-quality 3D printers, software, and materials on the market.
We offer you the chance to become a part of a young, fast-growing, technically advanced company. We are focused on further developing the Ultimaker, developing the world of 3D printing, and further expanding the skills of our people.
We are ordinary people with extraordinary plans. Evolution is in our blood and we have the drive to make the unbelievable believable. Just like our community of tenacious tinkerers, we love to try new ideas and see what works. In fact, they often conceive of wonders we could never have imagined on our own. Together we make one hell of a team.
Interested in working at this young, fast-growing, technically advanced company? Please contact Maria Verdu by sending your motivation letter and resume or by phone.