Do you have experience in Software Testing? Are you looking for a working environment where you can be yourself? Then, keep reading!
What will you be doing?
As a Software Tester, you will work closely with developers and product specialists and feel responsible for the realization of high-quality software for our 3D printers. You will test new functionality by writing test cases, define acceptance criteria, execute test cases, detect errors in the functional software specifications in an early stage and restore these before they are going to be developed by our software developers. You are able to independently find solutions and dare to walk off the beaten path. With creative solutions, you deliver a contribution to the solutions we implement for implementation of our products.
- Set priorities for yourself
- Help set up automated testing
- Work intensively with your Scrum team members
- Join the daily standup meetings and demos
- Help create awesome software
What will your team look like?
You will be working with talented software developers, software testers, UX designers and product owners and you will be creating the best 3D slicing software out there. We set the bar high and we want you to help us get there.
What have we worked on recently?
- We just released a brand new version of our 3D slicing software (Ultimaker Cura)
- We have completely re-engineered Cura from the ground up, which offers the functionality of the old Cura and brings in over 300 customizable settings
- Created many cool new features for Ultimaker Cura
What will your day in the office look like?
During the morning standup, you touch base with your team and discuss who will do what and whether someone needs your help. You check the automatic test to see if there were any problems and download the new automatic build to see what the new status of the product is. After testing a couple of new features, it’s lunchtime. Over lunch in the canteen, you hear about a cool new 3D model. You plan to 3D print it later at home. You have a meeting with a couple of developers to discuss the functionality of a very cool new feature.
Do you fit this profile?
- Bachelor’s degree in computing, computer science, and engineering or similar with a minimum of 3 years relevant working experience
- Experience in a similar position within software development or, preferably, product development
- Affiliation with manufacturing techniques and subsequent fields of expertise like mechanics
- Experience with Scrum/agile is preferred
- Strong eye for detail
- A proactive, passionate and inventive attitude
- A flexible attitude and the capability to work under pressure
- Experience in working with technical teams; colleagues from different backgrounds
- Good communication skills in Dutch and/or English
Definitely a plus
- Experience with software testing techniques
- Experience with JIRA or similar defect-reporting tools
- Certified in TMap or ISTQB
- Experience with Linux
The benefits of working with us
- A competitive salary in line with your experience
- Ultimaker makes contributions to your pension
- We pay for your daily commute
- 27 days of paid leave per year
- Use of an Ultimaker 3D printer
- An open, family atmosphere and fun work environment
- Work in a young and energetic team
- Lunch with healthy sandwiches, salads and a daily special
- A convenient location within walking distance of public transport and near the highway
- Room to expand your knowledge by following courses and going to meetups
More detail about Ultimaker
Ultimaker has been in operation since 2011, and over the years has grown to become a market leader, creating powerful, professional and accessible desktop 3D printers. With offices in the Netherlands, New York, and Boston, plus production facilities in both Europe and the US, Ultimaker’s team of over 250 employees continually strives to offer the highest-quality 3D printers, software, and materials on the market.
We offer you the chance to become a part of a young, fast-growing, technically advanced company. We are focused on further developing the Ultimaker, developing the world of 3D printing, and further expanding the skills of our people.
We are ordinary people with extraordinary plans. Evolution is in our blood and we have the drive to make the unbelievable believable. Just like our community of tenacious tinkerers, we love to try new ideas and see what works. In fact, they often conceive of wonders we could never have imagined on our own. Together we make one hell of a team.
Interested in working at this young, fast-growing, technically advanced company? Please contact Maria Verdu by sending your motivation letter and resume or by phone.