As an ambitious and technically focused company, we’re always moving forward in terms of innovation. We are looking for a sharp-minded and talented software engineer who can help our software development team reach the next level in creating great quality products.
What will you be doing?
As a Real-time Software Engineer, you will be working on the firmware of our printers. You will work closely with software engineers and other R&D disciplines to create awesome products. Our software team is an extremely enthusiastic and motivated team, so you’ll need to fit seamlessly into that working environment. It is your responsibility to write excellent code and unit tests and help refine user stories. With creative solutions, you contribute to the solutions we implement in our products.
Your duties include the following:
- Review code from peers
- Test code from peers
- Work intensively with your scrum team members
- Join the daily standup meetings and demos
- Help create awesome software
What will your team look like?
You will be working with talented software developers, software testers, UX designers, and product owners, helping create the best software products. We set the bar high, and we want you to help us get there.
What have we worked on recently?
We release new versions of our firmware and 3D slicing software (Ultimaker Cura) every second month to offer new innovations to our customers.
We are busy creating a new product that will help our customers get even more out of their printers.
What will your day in the office look like?
During the morning standup, you’ll touch base with your team and discuss who will do what and whether anyone needs your help. You’ll work on developing a new feature for a couple of hours, and then it’s lunch time. In the canteen, you might hear about a cool new 3D model and plan to 3D print it later at home. After lunch, you’ll have a meeting with a couple of developers to discuss the functionality of a new feature. Before you go home, you’ll review some code from one of your peers.
Do you fit this profile?
- Bachelor’s degree in computing, computer science, engineering, or a similar field, with a minimum of five years’ relevant working experience
- Relevant experience in developing real-time embedded systems
- Experience in a similar position within embedded software development or, preferably, product development
- Experience working with RTOS
- Experience developing communication protocols, such as CAN, EtherCAT, and RS485
- Affiliation with manufacturing techniques and subsequent fields of expertise, like mechanics
- Strong eye for detail
- A proactive, passionate, and inventive attitude
- A flexible attitude and the ability to work well under pressure
- A productive attitude for working towards solutions
- Experience in working with technical teams with colleagues from different backgrounds
- Good communication skills in Dutch and/or English
Definitely a plus
- Experience with control systems
- Experience with scrum/agile is preferred
- Experience with JIRA and GitHub
- Experience with 3D printing
The benefits of working with us
- A competitive salary in line with your experience
- Ultimaker makes contributions to your pension
- We pay for your daily commute
- 27 days of paid leave per year
- A cutting-edge Lenovo laptop or 13-inch Macbook Pro
- Use of an Ultimaker 3D printer
- An open, family atmosphere, and fun work environment
- Work in a young and energetic team
- Lunch with healthy sandwiches, salads, and a daily special
- A convenient location within walking distance of public transport and near the highway
- Room to expand your knowledge by following courses and going to meetups
Ultimaker has been in operation since 2011, and over the years has grown to become a market leader, creating powerful, professional, and accessible desktop 3D printers. With offices in the Netherlands, New York, Boston, and Singapore, plus production facilities in both Europe and the US, Ultimaker’s team of over 250 employees continually strives to offer the highest-quality 3D printers, software, and materials on the market.
We offer you the chance to become a part of a young, fast-growing, technically advanced company. We are focused on further developing the Ultimaker, developing the world of 3D printing, and further expanding the skills of our people.
We are ordinary people with extraordinary plans. Creating high-quality products is our driver. Our passion and creativity help us to make the unbelievable believable. Just like our community of tenacious tinkerers, we love to try new ideas and see what works. In fact, they often conceive of wonders we could never have imagined on our own. Together we make one hell of a team.
Interested in working with our awesome team? Please contact María Verdú by sending your motivation letter and résumé in English or by phone.
Only candidates eligible to work in the EU will be considered for the position. Unfortunately, given the high volume of applications we receive for our vacancies, those professionals (not entitled to work in the Netherlands) will not be given a status update.
Agency calls will not be appreciated.