We’re looking for a Software Tester who can help our development team create more and even better quality products.
What will you be doing?
As a Software Tester, you’ll work closely with developers and product specialists, and be responsible for the realization of high quality software for our 3D printers. You will test new functions by writing test cases, defining the acceptance criteria, executing test cases, detecting errors in the functional software specifications at an early stage, and restore these before they are developed by our software developers. You’re able to find solutions independently and dare to wander off the beaten path. Using creative solutions, you’ll contribute to the implementation of our products.
Among your responsibilities, you’ll:
- Set priorities for yourself
- Help set up automated testing
- Work intensively with your scrum team members
- Join the daily standup meetings and demos
- Help create awesome software
What will your team look like?
You will be working with talented software developers, software testers, UX designers, and product owners. We set the bar high and we want you to help us to get there.
What will your day in the office look like?
During the morning standup, you’ll touch base with your team and discuss who will do what and whether anyone needs your help. You’ll check the automatic test to see if there were any problems and download the new automatic build to see what the current status of the product is. After testing a couple of new features, it’s lunchtime. Over lunch in the canteen, you hear about a cool new 3D model. You plan to 3D print it later at home. You have a meeting in the afternoon with a couple of developers to discuss the functionality of a new feature.
Do you fit this profile?
- Bachelor’s degree in computing, computer science, or engineering, or similar with a minimum of three years of relevant working experience
- Experience in a similar position within software development or, preferably, product development
- Affiliation with manufacturing techniques and subsequent fields of expertise, like mechanics
- Experience with scrum/agile is preferred
- A strong eye for detail
- A proactive, passionate, and inventive attitude
- A flexible attitude and the capability to work under pressure
- Experience in working with technical teams alongside colleagues from different backgrounds
- Good communication skills in Dutch and / or English
Definitely a plus
- Experience with software testing techniques
- Experience with JIRA or similar defect-reporting tools
- Certified in TMap or ISTQB
- Experience with Linux
- Experience with Python
The benefits of working with us
- A competitive salary in line with your experience
- Ultimaker makes contributions to your pension
- We pay for your daily commute
- 27 days of paid leave per year
- Use of an Ultimaker 3D printer
- An open, family atmosphere and fun work environment
- Work in a young and energetic team
- Lunch with healthy sandwiches, salads, and a daily special
- A convenient location within walking distance of public transport and near the highway
- Room to expand your knowledge by following courses and going to meetups
- A monthly get together with drinks, food, raffles, and fun!
More detail about Ultimaker
Ultimaker has been in operation since 2011, and over the years has grown to become a market leader, creating powerful, professional, and accessible desktop 3D printers. With offices in the Netherlands, New York, Boston, and Singapore, plus production facilities in both Europe and the US, Ultimaker’s team of over 300 employees continually strives to offer the highest-quality 3D printers, software, and materials on the market.
We offer you the chance to become a part of a young, fast-growing, technically advanced company. We are focused on further developing the Ultimaker, developing the world of 3D printing, and further expanding the skills of our people. Our company has developed a large and loyal customer base from creative makers to companies like BMW or Airbus.
We are ordinary people with extraordinary plans. Creating high-quality products is our driver. Our passion and creativity help us to make the unbelievable believable. Together we make one hell of a team.
As part of our company plans for expansion, our head office in the Netherlands will relocate from Geldermalsen to Utrecht in mid-2019.
Interested in working at this young, fast-growing, technically advanced company? Please contact María Verdú by sending your motivation letter and résumé in English or by phone.
Only candidates eligible to work in the EU will be considered for the position. Unfortunately, given the high volume of applications we receive for our vacancies, these professionals (not entitled to work in the Netherlands) will not be given a status update.
Agency calls will not be appreciated.