As an ambitious and technically focused company, we always keep moving forward with innovation. We are looking for a sharp-minded and talented Software Engineer who can help our Cloud Services team to reach the next level creating more and even better quality products and services.
Our new team member should have a very technical background in service-oriented architecture and design for scalable cloud services.
Are you up for the challenge? Then keep reading.
What will you be doing?
As Software Engineer Cloud Services you will be working on our Cloud Services platform which is used to support multiple Ultimaker products.
You will work closely together with Software Engineers and other R&D disciplines to create awesome products and experiences. Our software team is an extremely enthusiastic and motivated team, so you’ll need to fit seamlessly into that working environment. It is your responsibility to write excellent code, unit tests, and help refine user stories. With creative solutions, you deliver a contribution to the solutions we implement in our products.
Among your responsibilities, you will:
- Review code from peers
- Test code from peers
- Work intensively with your Scrum team members
- Join the daily standup meetings and demos
- Help create awesome software
What will your team look like?
You will be working with talented software developers, software testers, UX designers and product owners and you will help to create the best software products. We set the bar high and we want you to help us get there.
What have we worked on recently?
- We release new versions of our firmware and our 3D slicing software (Ultimaker Cura) every other month to offer new innovations to our customers
- We are busy creating a new product that will help our customers get even more out of their printers
- We have launched a Marketplace for materials for which the cloud team built the back-end and infrastructure
What will your day in the office look like?
During the morning standup, you'll touch base with your team and discuss who will do what and whether someone needs your help. You'll work on developing a new feature for a couple of hours and then it’s lunchtime. Over lunch in the canteen, you hear about a cool new 3D model. You plan to 3D print it later at home. Afterwards, you have a meeting with a couple of developers to discuss the functionality of a very cool new feature. Before you go home, you'll review some code from one of your peers.
Do you fit this profile?
- Bachelor’s degree in Computing, Computer Science, and Engineering, or similar with a minimum of 3 years relevant working experience
- Experience in a similar position within software development or, preferably, product development
- Experience with cloud-based services and APIs
- Experience with writing automated (unit) tests
- Strong eye for detail
- A proactive, passionate, and inventive attitude
- A flexible attitude and the capability to work under pressure
- A productive attitude that works toward solutions
- Experience in working with technical teams and colleagues from different backgrounds
- Good communication skills in Dutch and/or English
Definitely a plus
- Experience with Scrum/Agile is preferred
- Experience with JIRA and GitHub
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform and Kubernetes
- Experience with GitLab CI
- Experience with 3D printing
The benefits of working with us
- A competitive salary in line with your experience
- Ultimaker makes contributions to your pension
- We pay for your daily commute
- 27 days of paid leave per year
- Use of an Ultimaker 3D printer
- An open, family atmosphere, and fun work environment
- Work in a young and energetic team
- Lunch with healthy sandwiches, salads, and a daily special
- A convenient location within walking distance of public transport and near the highway
- Room to expand your knowledge by following courses and going to meetups
- A monthly get together with drinks, food, raffles, and fun!
More detail about Ultimaker
Ultimaker has been in operation since 2011, and over the years has grown to become a market leader, creating powerful, professional, and accessible desktop 3D printers. With offices in the Netherlands, New York, Boston, and Singapore, plus production facilities in both Europe and the US, Ultimaker’s team of over 350 employees continually strives to accelerate the world’s transition to local digital manufacturing by offering the highest-quality 3D printers, software, and materials on the market.
We offer you the chance to become a part of a young, fast-growing, technically advanced company. We are focused on further developing the Ultimaker, developing the world of 3D printing, and further expanding the skills of our people.
We are ordinary people with extraordinary plans. Creating high-quality products is our driver. Our passion and creativity help us to make the unbelievable believable. Together we make one hell of a team.
Interested in working at this young, fast-growing, technically advanced company? Please contact María Verdú by sending your motivation letter and résumé in English or by phone.
Only candidates eligible to work in the EU will be considered for the position. Unfortunately, given the high volume of applications we receive for our vacancies, these professionals (not entitled to work in the Netherlands) will not be given a status update.
Agency calls will not be appreciated.