As an ambitious and technology focused company, we always keep moving forward with innovation. We are looking for a sharp-minded and talented mechatronics engineer who can help us, as part of our Hardware R&D team, to improve the mechatronics design of our 3D printers.
Would you like to make a difference in this cutting-edge industry? Are you looking for a working environment where you can be yourself? Then, keep reading!
What will you be doing?
As part of the Hardware R&D team, you will:
- Work on research and development for Ultimaker’s new products
- Set up and execute research to gain and share knowledge needed for product development and continuous 3D printing improvements
- Build test setups, gather, and analyze data to get insight into the print process and equipment performance
- Use these results as input for improving the mechatronic design of our 3D printers
- Contribute to translating high-level requirements into detailed requirements for our products
What will your team look like?
You will report to the Hardware Manager and work in close cooperation with your colleagues in the R&D team. You will work in interdisciplinary project teams, guided by an R&D Project Leader, with Software, Electronics, Process, and Mechanical Engineers.
What have we worked on recently?
We recently released the Ultimaker S5 3D printer and we are constantly improving the capabilities and performance of our products by releasing new software updates.
Other topics are:
- Designing of a filament flow control system
- Designing of test rigs to measure 3D printing artefacts
- Designing new mechatronic printer modules and systems
What will your day in the office look like?
During the weekly meeting, you’ll touch base with your team, informing them of your progress. In this meeting you explain your plan and the execution around it. Later that day, you check the measurements of the tests you have started the day before and analyze the results using your own script files. Over lunch in the canteen, you discuss the latest developments in 3D printing. In the afternoon, you finish the calculations of a mechatronics module you are working on and start building a dynamic model of the system at hand. You gather your results in a report for the meeting you will have with the stakeholders at the end of the week.
Do you fit this profile?
You are knowledgeable and experienced in mechatronics design and have a basic knowledge of (embedded) software design.
Furthermore, you have:
- Master’s degree in Mechatronics Engineering (or equivalent)
- 4+ years of experience as a Mechatronics Engineer
- Knowledge of sensors, actuators, and control
- Knowledge of system dynamics and modeling
- System identification and modeling skills
- Some programming skills (Matlab, Python, C)
- Ability to prioritize, plan, organize, and follow-up
- Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary environment
- Good communication skills and the ability to clearly present your findings to stakeholders
The benefits of working with us
- A competitive salary in line with your experience
- Ultimaker makes contributions to your pension
- We pay for your daily commute
- 27 days of paid leave per year
- Use of an Ultimaker 3D printer
- An open, family atmosphere, and fun work environment
- Work in a young and energetic team
- Lunch with healthy sandwiches, salads, and a daily special
- A convenient location within walking distance of public transport and near the highway
- Room to expand your knowledge by following courses and going to meetups
More detail about Ultimaker
Ultimaker has been in operation since 2011, and over the years has grown to become a market leader, creating powerful, professional, and accessible desktop 3D printers. With offices in the Netherlands, New York, Boston, and Singapore, plus production facilities in both Europe and the US, Ultimaker’s team of more than 350 employees continually strives to accelerate the world’s transition to local digital manufacturing by offering the highest-quality 3D printers, software, and materials on the market.
We offer you the chance to become a part of a young, fast-growing, technically advanced company. We are focused on further developing the Ultimaker, developing the world of 3D printing, and further expanding the skills of our people.
We are ordinary people with extraordinary plans. Creating high-quality products is our driver. Our passion and creativity help us to make the unbelievable believable. Together we make one hell of a team.
Interested in working for us? Please contact María Verdú by sending your motivation letter and résumé in English or by phone.
Only candidates eligible to work in the EU will be considered for the position. Unfortunately, given the high volume of applications we receive for our vacancies, these professionals (not entitled to work in the Netherlands) will not be given a status update.
Agency calls will not be appreciated.