As an ambitious and technology focused company, we always keep moving forward with innovation. We are looking for a sharp-minded and talented Lab Technician who can contribute in our mechanical test laboratory to obtaining high quality data, so we can bring state of the art knowledge to our product development projects.
Our new team member should have a background in performing measurements and experiments and in reporting on the test results.
Are you up for the challenge? Then keep reading.
What will you be doing?
As Lab Technician you will be part of the Print Process & Materials team. You will support the engineers in our product development projects. Your results will contribute to our product development.
Our team is very enthusiastic and motivated, so you will need to fit into that working environment. It is your responsibility to perform experiments and take measurements according to the test plan. Based on your results we can set well founded requirements for our products.
Among your responsibilities, you will:
- Perform experiments and take measurements
- Instruct colleagues on how to use our lab and test equipment
- Contribute to maintenance of our measurement lab
- Contribute to test plans & planning
- Report results to the lab engineer and/or to your colleagues
- Contribute to development of our internal test standards and protocols
What will your team look like?
You will be working with talented colleagues from different backgrounds. Our product development is done in multi-disciplinary teams that include mechanical engineers, physicists, chemists and software engineers. We are a very diverse and international team. You will work closely together with the Lab Engineer.
What have we worked on recently?
- During the past years we have expanded the materials portfolio from 3 to 11 with a focus on the engineering market to broaden the current use of 3D printed parts
- We are busy creating a new product that will help our customers get even more out of their printers
- We have launched a Marketplace for materials, we contributed to the development of a software tool that helps material companies to create custom print profiles for their material
What will your day in the office look like?
The morning starts with a cup of coffee, then you meet with the Lab Engineer to discuss priorities and who will work on what. After this you work on measuring a set of samples of 3D printed parts and also some samples of injection molded parts (first out of tool samples for one of the development projects) on the 3D scanner. After lunch you take some pictures of a printed part with the digital microscope. Then, you work on a short presentation with the results and you discuss it with the Lab Engineer. Finally, you prepare for some tensile testing that you plan to do the next day.
Do you fit this profile?
- MBO education level
- 2+ years of relevant experience (testing and measuring in a mechanical lab environment)
- Accurate and precise, eager to learn
- Solution-oriented, proactive, team player
- Planning, organizing and setting priorities (basic level)
- Service oriented and flexible attitude
- Good communication skills in English, ability to work with people from different cultural backgrounds
Definitely a plus
- 3D printing experience (FFF)
- Experience with optical measurement like microscopy and 3D scanning
- Experience with tensile testing
- Knowledge of international testing standards (ISO, ASTM)
- Basic knowledge of optics (depth of field, exposure time etc.)
The benefits of working with us
- A competitive salary in line with your experience
- Ultimaker makes contributions to your pension
- We pay for your daily commute based on public transport
- 27 days of paid leave per year
- Use of an Ultimaker 3D printer
- An open, family atmosphere, and a fun work environment
- Work in a young and energetic team
- Lunch with healthy sandwiches, salads and a daily special
- A convenient location within walking distance of public transport and near the highway
- Room to expand your knowledge by following courses and going to meetups
More detail about Ultimaker
Ultimaker has been in operation since 2011, and over the years has grown to become a market leader, creating powerful, professional and accessible desktop 3D printers. With offices in the Netherlands, New York, Boston, and Singapore, plus production facilities in both Europe and the US, Ultimaker’s team of more than 350 employees continually strives to accelerate the world’s transition to local digital manufacturing by offering the highest-quality 3D printers, software, and materials on the market.
We offer you the chance to become a part of a young, fast-growing, technically advanced company. We are focused on further developing the Ultimaker, developing the world of 3D printing, and further expanding the skills of our people.
We are ordinary people with extraordinary plans. Creating high-quality products is our driver. Our passion and creativity help us to make the unbelievable believable. Together we make one hell of a team.
Interested in working for us? Please contact María Verdú by sending your motivation letter & résumé or by phone.
Only candidates eligible to work in the EU will be considered for the position. Unfortunately, given the high volume of applications we receive for our vacancies, these professionals (not entitled to work in the Netherlands) will not be given a status update.
Agency calls will not be appreciated.