Do you truly believe in quality and possess a strong technical background? Are you well adapted to the dynamic environment that naturally comes with a multidisciplinary project environment? Do you believe that quality is a mindset, not a job description, and know how to instill this mindset into a project team?
If that sounds like you, then keep reading!
What will you be doing?
As our Quality Engineer, you will be part of the Quality department within the R&D division. Reporting to the Quality Lead, you will be assigned to projects and be in charge of upholding the quality of products and programs released by Ultimaker. Your focus will be as much on developing right first time, as on verification and validation.
As part of your duties, you will facilitate risk analyses, developing validation and verification methods within the (sub)system. You will also conduct analyses and report their results to the Quality Lead and Engineers in the project. You will create test scenarios, test plans, and test cases that will be run by Quality Testers.
In this role, your main responsibilities will include:
- Set up and perform quality tasks in the project team – such as configuration control, requirement management, and FMEA
- Design and develop methods and tools for system verification, based on technical requirements
- Support validation activities, by setting up and running alpha and beta tests with users, providing support to alpha and beta testers during the tests' execution, and then analyzing and reporting those results
- Analyze the acquired data and present it to project engineers, facilitating the system's development by identifying risks and areas where improvement is needed
- Assist the Quality Lead in the organization of activities by estimating workload and resources needed
- Contribute to the establishment of the test automation strategy by designing, developing, and executing the automation test scripts in a project
Do you fit this profile?
- You have a Bachelor or Master’s degree in science with relevant working experience in a similar field
- You have attention to detail, but also the ability to see and contribute to the bigger picture
- You have a good quality mindset and can motivate your team members to adopt the same
- You are clear and concise in your communication
- You know how to prioritize and judge what is urgent and what is important
- You are open to feedback and eager to learn from it
- You possess excellent English speaking and writing skills
Definitely a plus
- Experience with quality methods as DFMEA and problem-solving techniques
- Experience with LEAN and 6 Sigma
- TMap or ISTQB certification
- Experience working with JIRA and Confluence
- Experience with Linux
- Experience with Python or a similar coding language
- Experience with test automation
The benefits of working with us
- A competitive salary in line with your experience
- Ultimaker makes contributions to your pension
- We pay for your daily commute
- 27 days of paid leave per year
- Use of an Ultimaker 3D printer
- An open, family atmosphere, and fun work environment
- Work in a young and energetic team
- Lunch with healthy sandwiches, salads, and a daily special
- A convenient location within walking distance of public transport and near the highway
- Room to expand your knowledge by following courses and going to meetups
More detail about Ultimaker
Ultimaker has been in operation since 2011, and over the years has grown to become a market leader, creating powerful, professional and accessible desktop 3D printers. With offices in the Netherlands, New York, Boston, and Singapore, plus production facilities in both Europe and the US, Ultimaker’s team of more than 400 employees continually strives to accelerate the world’s transition to local digital manufacturing by offering the highest-quality 3D printers, software, and materials on the market.
We offer you the chance to become a part of a young, fast-growing, technically advanced company. We are focused on further developing the Ultimaker, developing the world of 3D printing, and further expanding the skills of our people.
We are ordinary people with extraordinary plans. Creating high-quality products is our driver. Our passion and creativity help us to make the unbelievable believable. Together we make one hell of a team.
Interested in working with our awesome team? Please contact María Verdú by sending your motivation letter and résumé in English or by phone.
Only candidates eligible to work in the EU will be considered for the position. Unfortunately, given the high volume of applications we receive for our vacancies, these professionals (not entitled to work in the Netherlands) will not be given a status update.
Agency calls will not be appreciated.