You truly believe in quality and possess a strong technical background. You are well adapted to the dynamic environment that naturally comes with a multidisciplinary project environment. You believe that quality is a mindset, not a job description, and know how to instill this mindset into a project team.
Does this sound like you? Keep reading!
What will you be doing?
As our Quality Engineer, you will be part of the Quality department within the R&D division. You will report to the Quality Lead. You will be assigned to projects and placed in charge of upholding the quality of products released by Ultimaker. Your focus will be as much on developing "first-time right" as on verification and validation.
As part of your duties, you will facilitate and coordinate requirement management and risk management, and develop validation and verification methods within the (sub)system. You will conduct analyses and report results to the Quality Lead and R&D Engineers on the project. You will create test scenarios, test plans, and test cases that will be run by Quality Testers.
Ensure that the released products fulfill the requirements and specifications. We expect you to have a drive to:
- Organize and perform configuration control, specification and requirement reviews
- Coordinate and facilitate FMEAs to highlight potential risks early in the development process
- Design and develop methods and tools for verification of the system based on technical requirements
- Secure that all verification and validation tests are carried out and results are registered
- Contribute to the establishment of the test automation strategy by designing, developing, and executing the automation test scripts in a project
- Support the validation activities by setting up and running Alpha and Beta tests with users, providing support to Alpha and Beta Testers during the execution of the test, analyzing and reporting results
- Plan and carry out all quality activities as defined in the Product Lifecycle Management Process
Other activities include:
- Support the Scrum teams at the assessment of Software releases at the end of sprints
- Assess verification reports and results
- Stimulate and carry out Continuous Improvement activities regarding the further development of our processes and methods
Do you fit this profile?
- You have a bachelor's or master’s degree in science with relevant working experience in a similar field. You hold relevant Quality certificates or training courses
- You have attention to detail, but also the ability to see and contribute to the bigger picture
- You have a good quality mindset and can motivate your team members to adopt the same spirit
- You are clear and concise in your communication
- You know how to prioritize and judge what is urgent and what is important
- You are open to feedback and eager to learn from it
- You possess excellent English speaking and writing skills
Definitely a plus
- Experience with quality methods within a software development environment, such as risks analyses and problem-solving techniques
- Experience with LEAN and Design for 6Sigma
- Experience with test automation
The benefits of working with us
- A competitive salary in line with your experience
- Ultimaker makes contributions to your pension
- We pay for your daily commute
- 27 days of paid leave per year
- Use of an Ultimaker 3D printer
- An open, family atmosphere, and fun work environment
- Work in a young and energetic team
- Lunch with healthy sandwiches, salads, and a daily special
- A convenient location within walking distance of public transport and near the highway
- Room to expand your knowledge by following courses and going to meetups
More detail about Ultimaker
Ultimaker has been in operation since 2011, and over the years has grown to become a market leader, creating powerful, professional, and accessible desktop 3D printers. With offices in the Netherlands, New York, and Boston, plus production facilities in both Europe and the US, Ultimaker’s team of over 400 employees continually strives to offer the highest-quality 3D printers, software, and materials on the market.
We offer you the chance to become a part of a young, fast-growing, technically advanced company. We are focused on further developing the Ultimaker, developing the world of 3D printing, and further expanding the skills of our people.
We are ordinary people with extraordinary plans. Creating high-quality products is our driver. Our passion and creativity help us make the unbelievable believable. Together, we make one hell of a team.
Interested in working at this young, fast-growing, technically advanced company? Please contact María Verdú by sending your motivation letter and résume (in English), or by phone.
Only candidates eligible to work in the EU will be considered for the position. Unfortunately, given the high volume of applications we receive for our vacancies, these professionals (not entitled to work in the Netherlands) will not be given a status update.
Agency calls will not be appreciated.