As an ambitious and technically advanced company, we are always innovating and moving forward. We are currently working on a rebuild of Ultimaker.com to create a fast, reliable, and globally accessible website. At the same time, are committed to maintaining Ultimaker.com in its current state. As such, we are looking for a talented UI designer to join our team. Interested? Keep reading!
What will you be doing?
As a UX/UI designer on the Ultimaker.com scrum team, you will be responsible for:
- Designing components, pages, and user flows, and maintaining Ultimaker.com's design system
- Working closely with front-end developers to implement new components for Ultimaker.com within an SEO-optimized universal web application (UWA)
- Together with the cloud infrastructure engineers, you will be working on the partial release capability, where the old and new application come together as one Ultimaker.com
What will your team look like?
You will work on a talented scrum team of front-end developers, back-end developers, cloud infrastructure engineers, a UX/UI designer, and a QA engineer to create the best possible web experience for visitors of Ultimaker.com.
What we’ve worked on recently
- The creation of a preference bar that focuses on the user but also complies with GDPR
- The launch of the new Ultimaker S5 3D printer
- The setup of a design system from scratch
- The design of a new customer journey for reseller pages
What will your day in the office look like?
You’ll arrive at the office, grab some coffee, and check the scrum board to see where you left off yesterday – or pick up a new story or bug to work on. Around 9:30, the entire team should be in, which means it's time for the daily standup. You will then focus on designing and prototyping new components in our design system. Next up, you'll present and convince stakeholders that your design meets the core business objectives, while keeping the user in mind. After finishing the designs, you’ll align with developers to implement the components in our design system library, Storybook.
Do you fit this profile?
- Are able to create a great user experience based on business objectives
- Adopt a user-centered approach to your work
- Have a good eye for visual design
- Are experienced with Sketch, Axure, Flinto (or similar)
- Possess knowledge of Atomic Design principles and Inclusive Design principles
Definitely a plus
You have experience with:
- User testing
- Front-end design
- Digital marketing
- More than five years in a web development environment
You are able to work with:
- An accessible website following Inclusive Design principles
- A design system based on Atomic Design principles
- A scrum team of experienced developers
- A multilingual website
The benefits of working with us
- A competitive salary in line with your experience
- Ultimaker makes contributions to your pension
- We pay for your daily commute based on public transport
- 27 days of paid leave per year
- Use of an Ultimaker 3D printer
- An open, family atmosphere and a fun work environment
- Work on a young and energetic team
- Lunch with healthy sandwiches, salads, and a daily special
- A convenient location at Utrecht Central Station
- Room to expand your knowledge by following courses and going to meetups
Ultimaker has been in operation since 2011, and over the years has grown to become a market leader, creating powerful, professional, and accessible desktop 3D printers. With offices in the Netherlands, New York, Boston, and Singapore, plus production facilities in Europe and the US, Ultimaker’s team of more than 400 employees continually strives to accelerate the world’s transition to local digital manufacturing by offering the highest-quality 3D printers, software, and materials on the market.
We offer you the chance to become a part of a young, fast-growing, technically advanced company. We are focused on further developing the Ultimaker, developing the world of 3D printing, and further expanding the skills of our people.
We are ordinary people with extraordinary plans. Creating high-quality products is our driver. Our passion and creativity help us to make the unbelievable believable. Together, we make one hell of a team.
Interested in working with our awesome team? Please contact Gerard de Graaf by sending your motivation letter and résumé in English, or by phone.
Only candidates eligible to work in the EU will be considered for the position. Unfortunately, given the high volume of applications we receive for our vacancies, those professionals not entitled to work in the Netherlands will not be given a status update.
Agency calls will not be appreciated.