Due to our international expansion, we are looking for a German-speaking Application Engineer who can support our European teams working from our headquarters in the Netherlands, or in northern or southern Germany.
As an Application Engineer, you will gather, understand, and analyze the business development customer requirements for relevant applications. You’ll help make improvements to print processes, increase the use of our products with new applications, and help accelerate 3D printing in the company.
Next to the supporting role in business development, part of the job involves research for new applications in 3D printing and understanding how to realize them with the existing Ultimaker products.
Would you like to make a difference in a cutting-edge 3D printing company and have a direct impact on the way the technology is utilized? Read on!
What will you be doing?
As an Application Engineer, you will analyze the customer requirements for relevant applications in consultation with the customer’s engineers and representatives to identify opportunities for improvement.
Supporting business development, market intelligence, and eventually sales partners, and with relevant feedback coming from the R&D division and the market itself, you will:
- Design showcase prints for different processes and applications
- Generate documentation (reports, print guidelines, design guidelines)
- Provide technical solutions (write-ups, 3D models, etc.) to the sales team and customers that strongly demonstrate the unique benefits of Ultimaker applications
- Understand and gather the requirements from customers helping to translate this into process improvements
- Support the development and integration of solutions to meet customer requirements
- Support business development, market intelligence, and sales partners to propose improvements to designs of potential customers
- Give technical input from the field to the design of new processes to be implemented in the next generation of printers, accessories, and materials
What will your team look like?
You’ll be part of the Business Development team. You’ll work on a team of Application Engineers coordinated by the Lead Application Engineer, working closely with Business Development Managers in a designated project or region. You’ll keep close contact with the R&D Engineering team to stimulate knowledge transfer between Business Development and R&D.
Do you fit this profile?
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial (Design) Engineering or relevant field
- Excellent CAD skills
- Relevant experience in 3D printing and knowledge of 3D printing applications
- Eagerness to learn more about additive manufacturing techniques
- Customer-oriented approach
- A keen eye for details
- Natural talent in planning and organizing, with the ability to fix the unexpected
- Capacity to share your thoughts, working towards solutions and finding common ground with colleagues from different backgrounds
- Conceptual thinker showing creativity and proactivity
- Excellent German speaking and writing skills; other European languages are a plus
- Availability for international traveling
Definitely a plus
- Experience or affinity with 3D printing
The benefits of working with us
- A competitive salary in line with your experience
- Ultimaker makes contributions to your pension
- We pay for your daily commute
- 27 days of paid leave per year
- Use of an Ultimaker 3D printer
- An open, family atmosphere and fun work environment
- Lunch with healthy sandwiches, salads, and a daily special
- A convenient location at Utrecht Central Station
- Room to expand your knowledge by following courses and going to meetups
- A monthly get together with drinks, food, raffles, and fun
More detail about Ultimaker
Ultimaker has been in operation since 2011, and over the years has grown to become a market leader, creating powerful, professional and accessible desktop 3D printers. With offices in the Netherlands, New York, Boston, and Singapore, plus production facilities in Europe and the US, Ultimaker’s team of more than 400 employees continually strives to accelerate the world’s transition to local digital manufacturing by offering the highest-quality 3D printers, software, and materials on the market. Our HQ recently moved to a brand-new office in Utrecht, near Utrecht Central Station.
We offer you the chance to become a part of a young, fast-growing, technically advanced company. We are focused on further developing the Ultimaker, developing the world of 3D printing, and further expanding the skills of our people.
We are ordinary people with extraordinary plans. Creating high-quality products is our driver. Our passion and creativity help us make the unbelievable believable. Together, we make one hell of a team.
Interested in working for us? Please contact Gerard de Graaf by sending your motivation letter and résumé, or by phone.
Only candidates eligible to work in the EU will be considered for the position. Unfortunately, given the high volume of applications we receive for our vacancies, these professionals (not entitled to work in the Netherlands) will not be given a status update.
Agency calls will not be appreciated.