As an ambitious and technically advanced company, we are always innovating and moving forward. We are currently looking for an experienced Product Owner who can help our software team to reach the next level and create even better-quality products in larger numbers.
Does this sound like a challenge to you? Then, keep on reading!
What will you be doing?
As Product Owner, you’ll be working closely with software developers, software testers, product managers, and the rest of the R&D department. You’ll own the product backlog of one of our core software products. It is your responsibility to create a prioritized backlog, based on the visions and goals of product management. You’ll also be working independently to find creative solutions and will assist us with the successful implementation of our products.
Among your responsibilities, you will:
- Prioritize the product backlog
- Create user stories based on input from support, product management, and R&D
- Take ownership of software product innovation
- Set up internal demos
- Help create awesome software
- Work intensively with your Scrum team members
- Join the daily standup meetings
What will your team look like?
You will be working with talented software developers, testers, and UX designers, and will be creating the 3D print software on the market. We set the bar high and we want you to help us excel.
What will your day in the office look like?
During the morning standup, you touch base with your team, assign tasks, and ascertain whether someone needs your help. Right after, you check the backlog to see if new issues have been added by either our internal test team or our support team. After reviewing new feature content, it’s time for lunch. Over lunch in the canteen you hear about a cool new 3D model, you plan to 3D print it later before you go home. The afternoon will be spent designing exciting new features and discussing colleague requirements from support and product management.
Do you fit this profile?
- Bachelor’s degree in Computing, Computer Science and Engineering (or similar) with a minimum of 5 years’ relevant working experience
- Experience in a similar position in software development, or even better, product development
- Background in programming, or a strong affinity with programming is a must
- Experience writing user stories and functional descriptions
- Familiarity with manufacturing techniques and subsequent fields of expertise, such as mechanics
- Experience with Scrum/Agile
- A strong eye for detail
- A proactive, passionate, and inventive attitude
- Flexibility and capability to work under pressure
- Experience working with technical teams and colleagues from different backgrounds
- Excellent communication skills in Dutch and English
- Freelancers are not considered for this position
Definitely a plus
- Experience with JIRA or similar defect-reporting tools
- You are a certified product owner
The benefits of working with us
- A competitive salary in line with your experience
- Ultimaker makes contributions to your pension
- We pay for your daily commute based on public transport
- 27 days of paid leave per year
- Use of an Ultimaker 3D printer
- An open, family atmosphere, and a fun work environment
- Work in a young and energetic team
- Lunch with healthy sandwiches, salads and a daily special
- A convenient location within walking distance of public transport and near the highway
- Room to expand your knowledge by following courses and going to meetups
More detail about Ultimaker
Ultimaker has been in operation since 2011, and over the years has grown to become a market leader, creating powerful, professional, and accessible desktop 3D printers. With offices in the Netherlands, New York, Boston, and Singapore, plus production facilities in Europe and the US, Ultimaker’s team of more than 400 employees continually strives to accelerate the world’s transition to local digital manufacturing by offering the highest-quality 3D printers, software, and materials on the market.
We offer you the chance to become a part of a young, fast-growing, technically advanced company. We are focused on further developing the Ultimaker, developing the world of 3D printing, and further expanding the skills of our people.
We are ordinary people with extraordinary plans. Creating high-quality products is our driver. Our passion and creativity help us to make the unbelievable believable. Together, we make one hell of a team.
Interested in working with our awesome team? Please contact María Verdú by sending your motivation letter and résumé in English, or by phone.
Only candidates eligible to work in the EU will be considered for the position. Unfortunately, given the high volume of applications we receive for our vacancies, those professionals not entitled to work in the Netherlands will not be given a status update.
Agency calls will not be appreciated.