After spending quite some time getting my machine working I just wanted to share some learns.
The instructions specify the use of teflon tape (mine unit came with a little ribbon of the stuff) After developing leaks I tried reapplying the tape and ended up with some of the same issues. I suggest using an automotive high temp liquid sealant like Permatex High Temp Thread sealant. Way easier to use and works at temps in the 400 degree range.
As for the head jamming the instructions specify setting the feed and speed to 50mm. This caused all kinds of issues for my machine. I suggest starting at half that and increase from there. Also I found I needed to run at 260 and turn off the auto temp in the Gcode creation settings.
When I ran into jamming issues I cut the feed tube's mangled end and must of got some of the tube end in the nozzle because it was jammed up REAL good. To clean out the nozzle I took it off and heated it with a propane torch and blew it out with compressed air. (from both sides) Worked like a charm. I also needed to clean the PEEK adapter of PLA residue. Did the same thing, lightly heated with the torch and blew it out.
Currently printing my first successful print... I'll try to add some additional things I have learned as I go.
I too had leaks using the teflon tape that was suggested in the instructions. I took c ernst's advice and bought some of the high temp sealant he tried. Don't know yet if its going to work or not.
In addition to the sealant, I made a fiber washer out of thick paper gasket material from an auto parts store and clamped it between the peek cylinder and the aluminum block. If the sealant doesn't work, I am pretty certain the gasket will work.
Also tried a small countersink in the end of the bowdan tube where it seals against the brass tube.
I am hoping all these measures will keep me leak free.
I will follow up on how it all works out.