WHEN WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Ultimaker may request you to provide certain personal data in case you:
- download a file from our Website;
- request a service from Ultimaker;
- sign up for commercial communications; or
- submit a contact request
Ultimaker may use personal data to:
- perform contractual obligations or take pre-contractual measures;
- provide you with a requested service;
- get in touch with you upon your request;
- engage in (direct) marketing activities;
- engage in personalized communications and advertising (with your consent); and
- improve and analyse the use of the Website.
Where legally required, Ultimaker will request your permission to use your personal data. In other cases, Ultimaker is legally allowed to process your personal data if this is necessary:
- for the performance of a contract with you or in order to take pre-contractual steps at your request;
- for compliance with a legal obligation to which Ultimaker is subject; or
- for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by Ultimaker or by a third party.
MARKETING RELATED PROFILING
With your consent, we analyse your behaviour on the website with our marketing tool, in order to provide tailored content to you. Related cookies are not placed without your explicit consent and can be deleted from your browser at any time. You can also unsubscribe for future commercial communications by clicking the "unsubscribe" button in such communications.
EMAIL MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS
If you opt in to receive email marketing communications from us, we keep you posted on Ultimaker's latest product announcements, software updates, and new relevant content published on our Website. Pixel tags are embedded in our newsletters, giving us insight whether an mail has been opened or not. We may use this information to reduce or eliminate information in our communications.
In some of our email messages, we use a “click-through URL” linked to content on the Ultimaker Website. We track this click-through data to help us determine interest in particular topics and measure the effectiveness of our customer communications. If you’d prefer not to be tracked in this way, do not click text or graphic links in the email messages.
You have the legal right to:
- request access to your personal data;
- request the rectification and erasure of your personal data;
- request a restriction of the processing of your personal data;
- submit a request for data portability;
- object to the processing of your personal data, especially where Ultimaker processes your personal data for marketing related profiling;
- withdraw your consent for the processing of your personal data at any time; and
- lodge a complaint with the competent supervisory authority (Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens),
If you wish to exercise your rights, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to your request promptly and in no event later than 30 days from your request.
Ultimaker will retain personal data no longer than necessary and allowed under applicable data protection law. When determining the relevant retention periods we will take into account the:
- legal obligation(s) under applicable law to retain data;
- statute of limitations under applicable law(s);
- (potential) disputes; and
- guidelines issued by relevant data protection authorities.
Without prejudice to Ultimaker's use of third party supplies and vendors who act as data processors, Ultimaker may disclose your data to the following third parties, to the extent permitted by applicable law:
- the Ultimaker distributor and official resellers in your territory;
- parties involved in performing an agreement entered into between Ultimaker and you or your company;
- Ultimaker's affiliated entities;
- Ultimaker's external advisors;
- (potential) investors or parties interested in acquiring (a part of) Ultimaker's business; and
- other third parties to whom Ultimaker is obliged or entitled to disclose the data by virtue of applicable law or by order of a court or other competent authority.
TRANSFER OUTSIDE EEA
For technical and organizational reasons it may be necessary that personal data is transferred to servers located in the US, or to servers located in other countries outside of the European Economic Area ('EEA'). If Ultimaker transfers personal data to a country outside of the EEA that does not offer an adequate level of data protection, Ultimaker will ensure compliance with applicable law by way of implementing legally accepted safeguards.
COOKIES AND SIMILAR TECHNIQUES
Cookies are small text files that are stored on your device when you use the Website. Functional and technical cookies are necessary to enable you to use the Website, and to allow us to measure and improve the effectiveness and quality of our Website.
Listed below are the cookies and similar techniques used on the Website.
Functional and technical cookies
Functional cookies enable the Website to function properly.
|Google Tag Manager||Ultimaker uses Google Tag Manager to serve functional, analytical and marketing tags. It can also be used to serve the cookie consent dialog and makes sure only the right tags are used.|
|MyFonts Counter||This font counter is necessary to display fonts used on the Website.|
|Google Analytics||Ultimaker uses Google Analytics to analyse visitor behaviour on the Website by way of anonymized data.|
|Hotjar||Ultimaker uses Hotjar to create heatmaps, record anonimized sessions, form analytics and survey functionality to inform user experience specialists to make improvements on the Website.|
Advertising cookies and techniques
|DoubleClick||This enables targeting ads based on what is relevant to a user, improving reporting on campaign performance, and avoiding showing ads already seen by a visitor. As an advertiser, Ultimaker can set how long and how often the ad will be shown in the browser.|
|Facebook Custom Audience||This enables Ultimaker to find its existing audiences among people who are on Facebook (by importing our email lists) and create "lookalikes" (a set of people who are similar to the people currently engaging with our business).|
|Facebook Pixel||This enables creating custom audiences for Ultimaker ads, measuring conversion rates and targeting people on Facebook with relevant ads.|
|Google Adwords Conversion||This enables Ultimaker to determine how many users interact with its ads, which ads and ad groups are performing better and whether users complete the actions defined as conversions.|
|Google Adwords User Lists||This enables remarketing and constructing targeted campaigns based on the standard audience types.|
|Google Dynamic Remarketing||This enables showing visitors an ad with the specific product a visitor has previously viewed on the Website.|
|Microsoft Bing Universal Event Tracking||This enables conversion tracking and targeting audiences with remarketing lists. To customize your online experience on Microsoft websites, please visit: https://account.microsoft.com/privacy/ad-settings.|
|LinkedIn Ads||This enables conversion tracking and remarketing.|
|LinkedIn Marketing Solutions||This enables conversion tracking and remarketing.|
|Twitter Advertising||This enables displaying ads to Twitter users and remarket them based on user interests and devices.|
|Twitter Conversion Tracking||Track conversions triggered after a user visited the Website after clicking a Twitter ad.|
|Outbrain Amplify||This enables engaging in remarketing via Outbrain's content network.|
|Outbrain Pixel||This enables tracking conversions and other events triggered after a user visited the Website after clicking the ad.|
|Eloqua||We refer to "marketing related profiling" section in this Statement.|
This Statement was last updated on the 28th of November 2018.