Tip: Partly unscrew the front left thumb screw in the print head to better reach the hot end isolator.
- Loosen the nozzle from the hot end isolator (the metal ring with the holes in it) by inserting one of the hex keys that came with your Ultimaker into one of the holes of the hot end isolator and turning it counter-clockwise.
- If the hot end isolator will not turn there is plastic in the threads, which locks the isolator in place. Go to “Maintenance” > “Advanced” > “Heat-up Nozzle” > and set it to 100 degrees to soften the plastic. The isolator will rotate easily now.
- Once the isolator is loose enough the nozzle will drop down. If the nozzle was heated up be careful when handling it. Turn the Ultimaker off before continuing with the next step.
- Use a hex key to loosen the set screw that is attached to the top of the heater block. Once this screw is loosened carefully pull out the PT100 B sensor* and heater cartridge. If the nozzle was heated up be careful when handling the heater.
*Important: Do not pull at the PT100 B sensor with much force, as it can break. Take the PT100 B sensor cable out slowly, with a twisting motion. Apply sewing machine oil or WD40 to the heater block if it feels stuck. If the PT100 B sensor does break, replace it with a spare.
Ultimaker 3 Maintenance Kit
- Clean the printer
- Lubricate the axles
- Check for play on axles
- Check the tension of the short belts
- Check for residue in the front fan of the print head
- Check the quality of the silicone cover
- Lubricate the lead screw of the Z motor
- How to use cleaning filament
- Clean the feeders
- Replace the Bowden tubes
- Advanced 3D Printing Kit for Ultimaker 3
Ultimaker 2+ Maintenance Kit
- Installing the Extrusion Upgrade kit
- Removing the cable cover
- Loosening the electronics
- Disconnecting the cables
- Replacing the feeder
- Replacing the build plate clamps
- Removing the print head
- Installing the new print head
- The bowden tube
- Guiding the cables
- Connecting the cables
- Attaching the main board
- Attaching the cable cover
- Aligning the axles
- Firmware and bed leveling
- Completing the upgrade
- Extrusion upgrade
- Advanced 3D Printing Kit for Ultimaker 2+
- Olsson block upgrade
Dual Extrusion kit
- Print head