- Remove the four screws (M3 x 25 mm) from the feeder. While removing the screws, hold the feeder motor at the inside of the machine to prevent the motor from falling down.
- Keep the screws and washers and set the feeder and motor aside. You do not need the feeder and feeder motor anymore.
- Take the new feeder motor and apply some grease (Magnalube) to the small gear. Make sure the entire gear is covered with a thin layer of grease.
- Place the feeder motor with the wires down on the inside of your Ultimaker and place the geared feeder mounting plate with the hole at the bottom over the four screw holes on the outside.
- Attach the feeder motor to the body with the feeder mounting plate, using the four new screws (M3 x 10 mm) and the washers from the old feeder.
- Place the feeder on the back with the small lever on the bottom and use the two supplied screws (M3 x 10 mm) with M3 rings around it to attach it.
Ultimaker 3 Maintenance Kit
- Clean the printer
- Lubricate the axles
- Check for play on axles
- Check the tension of the short belts
- Check for residue in the front fan of the print head
- Check the quality of the silicone cover
- Lubricate the lead screw of the Z motor
- How to use cleaning filament
- Clean the feeders
- Replace the Bowden tubes
- Advanced 3D Printing Kit for Ultimaker 3
Ultimaker 2+ Maintenance Kit
- Installing the Extrusion Upgrade kit
- Removing the cable cover
- Loosening the electronics
- Disconnecting the cables
- Replacing the feeder
- Replacing the build plate clamps
- Removing the print head
- Installing the new print head
- The bowden tube
- Guiding the cables
- Connecting the cables
- Attaching the main board
- Attaching the cable cover
- Aligning the axles
- Firmware and bed leveling
- Completing the upgrade
- Extrusion upgrade
- Advanced 3D Printing Kit for Ultimaker 2+
- Olsson block upgrade
Dual Extrusion kit
- Print head