- Guide the two new print head axles through the new print head. The long axle is the X-axle and the short axle is the Y-axle.
- Place the print head in its original position and ensure that each axle is between the belts. The X-axle runs from left to right and the Y-axle runs from front to back.
- Align the axles to each sliding block.
- Place the print head axis (dis)assemble tools on either side of the sliding blocks.
- Click the X-axle in the left sliding block and push down until it snaps into place. Support the sliding block as much as possible when you snap the axle into place.
- Repeat the steps for the other side of the X-axle and the front and back of the Y-axle.
Note: Ensure that the axles are put in centrally with equal space on each side and that there is at least 1 mm distance between the axle and the frame. Double-check that the left side of the X-axle is activating the Y limit switch.
Note: Ensure that all sliding blocks are upright.
Ultimaker 3 Maintenance Kit
- Clean the printer
- Lubricate the axles
- Check for play on axles
- Check the tension of the short belts
- Check for residue in the front fan of the print head
- Check the quality of the silicone cover
- Lubricate the lead screw of the Z motor
- How to use cleaning filament
- Clean the feeders
- Replace the Bowden tubes
- Advanced 3D Printing Kit for Ultimaker 3
Ultimaker 2+ Maintenance Kit
- Installing the Extrusion Upgrade kit
- Removing the cable cover
- Loosening the electronics
- Disconnecting the cables
- Replacing the feeder
- Replacing the build plate clamps
- Removing the print head
- Installing the new print head
- The bowden tube
- Guiding the cables
- Connecting the cables
- Attaching the main board
- Attaching the cable cover
- Aligning the axles
- Firmware and bed leveling
- Completing the upgrade
- Extrusion upgrade
- Advanced 3D Printing Kit for Ultimaker 2+
- Olsson block upgrade
Dual Extrusion kit
- Print head