Before you start, ensure that you have the print head align tools and 2mm hex wrench.
- Loosen the 2 pulleys on the back X axle.
- Place the print head align tools on each side of the back X axle.
- Move the print head to the back until the grub screws of the left (double) pulley is visible and click the print head
shaft in the align tools.
- Push the left pulley towards the frame and tighten the grub screw with the hex wrench.
- Remove the print head align tools from the shaft.
- Move the print head until the right front grub screw is visible and click the align tools onto the print head shaft.
- Push the right pulley towards the frame and tighten the grub screw.
- Repeat these steps for the 2 pulleys on the left Y axle.
Note: It is recommended to lubricate the axles with sewing machine oil. One drop on each axle is sufficient.
Ultimaker 3 Maintenance Kit
- Clean the printer
- Lubricate the axles
- Check for play on axles
- Check the tension of the short belts
- Check for residue in the front fan of the print head
- Check the quality of the silicone cover
- Lubricate the lead screw of the Z motor
- How to use cleaning filament
- Clean the feeders
- Replace the Bowden tubes
- Advanced 3D Printing Kit for Ultimaker 3
Ultimaker 2+ Maintenance Kit
- Installing the Extrusion Upgrade kit
- Removing the cable cover
- Loosening the electronics
- Disconnecting the cables
- Replacing the feeder
- Replacing the build plate clamps
- Removing the print head
- Installing the new print head
- The bowden tube
- Guiding the cables
- Connecting the cables
- Attaching the main board
- Attaching the cable cover
- Aligning the axles
- Firmware and bed leveling
- Completing the upgrade
- Extrusion upgrade
- Advanced 3D Printing Kit for Ultimaker 2+
- Olsson block upgrade
Dual Extrusion kit
- Print head