Important: While removing the cables, do not pull on the wires. Always pull on the plugs.
- Take the main board carefully. Ensure that the wires are still connected when you hold the main board.
- Remove the wires from the green terminal HEATER 1 by pressing the top of the terminal with the flat screwdriver.
- Disconnect the hot end fan from the middle of the board.
- Disconnect the feeder motor from E1 on the main board.
- There’s a ferrite core around the motor cables. Open it so you can remove the feeder motor wire completely. (It’s possible that your Ultimaker is older and doesn’t have the ferrite core).
- Disconnect the PT100 sensor from TEMP1 on the main board.
- Disconnect the print head fans from FAN PWM on the main board.
- Pull the braided sleeve with cables and the feeder motor wire out through the hole in the bottom left corner and the hole in the back plate.
- Place the Ultimaker back upright and move the build plate down for easier access during the next steps.
Note: When placing the machine upright, take care of where your main board is, so you do not break it.
Ultimaker 3 Maintenance Kit
- Clean the printer
- Lubricate the axles
- Check for play on axles
- Check the tension of the short belts
- Check for residue in the front fan of the print head
- Check the quality of the silicone cover
- Lubricate the lead screw of the Z motor
- How to use cleaning filament
- Clean the feeders
- Replace the Bowden tubes
- Advanced 3D Printing Kit for Ultimaker 3
Ultimaker 2+ Maintenance Kit
- Installing the Extrusion Upgrade kit
- Removing the cable cover
- Loosening the electronics
- Disconnecting the cables
- Replacing the feeder
- Replacing the build plate clamps
- Removing the print head
- Installing the new print head
- The bowden tube
- Guiding the cables
- Connecting the cables
- Attaching the main board
- Attaching the cable cover
- Aligning the axles
- Firmware and bed leveling
- Completing the upgrade
- Extrusion upgrade
- Advanced 3D Printing Kit for Ultimaker 2+
- Olsson block upgrade
Dual Extrusion kit
- Print head