To print the first print with the new parts in your Ultimaker, you need to update your firmware.
- Connect the Ultimaker to your computer with the USB cable.
- Connect the power supply and turn on the Ultimaker.
- Start Cura and select the Ultimaker 2+ or Ultimaker 2 Extended+ in the “Machine” menu (depending on which Ultimaker you have).
- Go to “Extensions” > "Firmware" > "Update firmware". Cura will now automatically upload the correct firmware to your Ultimaker.
- The new nozzle in your Ultimaker is at a different height than the stock nozzle. It is now necessary to re-level the buildplate before continuing printing.
Ultimaker 3 Maintenance Kit
- Clean the printer
- Lubricate the axles
- Check for play on axles
- Check the tension of the short belts
- Check for residue in the front fan of the print head
- Check the quality of the silicone cover
- Lubricate the lead screw of the Z motor
- How to use cleaning filament
- Clean the feeders
- Replace the Bowden tubes
- Advanced 3D Printing Kit for Ultimaker 3
Ultimaker 2+ Maintenance Kit
- Installing the Extrusion Upgrade kit
- Removing the cable cover
- Loosening the electronics
- Disconnecting the cables
- Replacing the feeder
- Replacing the build plate clamps
- Removing the print head
- Installing the new print head
- The bowden tube
- Guiding the cables
- Connecting the cables
- Attaching the main board
- Attaching the cable cover
- Aligning the axles
- Firmware and bed leveling
- Completing the upgrade
- Extrusion upgrade
- Advanced 3D Printing Kit for Ultimaker 2+
- Olsson block upgrade
Dual Extrusion kit
- Print head