Updating firmware is a different procedure for all Ultimaker machines. Follow the instructions for your machine below.
Ultimaker 3, over the Internet
The Ultimaker 3 has a built-in firmware update available in the menus. The firmware is automatically downloaded when the printer is connected to the Internet. On the Ultimaker 3, go to:
- System -> Maintenance -> Firmware update.
Ultimaker 3, over USB
If you are unable to connect the Ultimaker 3 to the network, there is also the possibility to install the latest firmware version over the USB connection.
- Download the firmware available here.
- Extract the download files and place the complete firmware folder on the USB stick.
- Insert the USB stick in the Ultimaker 3.
- On the 3D printer, go to: System -> Maintenance -> Firmware update.
Ultimaker Original(+), Ultimaker 2 Go, Ultimaker 2(+), and Ultimaker 2 Extended(+)
- In Cura, open the printer management screen through: System -> Printer -> Manage Printers..., or in the sidebar: Printer -> Manage printers...
- Connect the Ultimaker to the computer with the USB cable.
- Turn the Ultimaker on.
- In Cura, open the printer management screen, click 'Update firmware'.
- Choose 'Automatically update firmware' to install the default version, choose 'Upload custom firmware' to choose an alternative version.
- A pop-up with a progress bar will appear saying ‘Starting firmware update, this may take some time’. The Ultimaker will restart during the procedure!
- When the upload is complete, you will see the message ‘Firmware update completed’.
- Click ‘Close’ in the print management window to complete the firmware update.