First prepare the wooden parts of the print head housing. You will need the following parts.
- Take the wooden part marked TOP and attach the black injection molded part with one bolt M3x12 bolt and a hex nut. Put this part aside, you will need it later on.
- Take the wooden print head housing parts marked FRONT, BACK, LEFT, RIGHT.
- Place one linear bearing in the FRONT and the BACK side of the print head housing. Make sure the engravings are on the outside.
Note: Look at the inside of the linear bearings and note their orientation. Make sure the 4 rows of balls are in an x shape, not a +.
- Place one linear bearing in the RIGHT side of the print head housing.
- Fit the RIGHT side with bearing into the FRONT-BACK sides of the print head housing. Now press the LEFT side on and make sure the bearing fits neatly in the corresponding hole.
- Place the print head housing into the wooden part 8B.
- Loosely secure the print head housing with four M3x10 bolts and four hex nuts. Do not tighten completely yet.
Now prepare the hot end. These are the parts you need.
- Take the aluminium heater block and hold it with the big hole up. Attach the nozzle into the bottom of the heater block. Make sure it is as tight as possible (by hand).
- Attach the hot end isolator tube to the aluminium heater block. Make sure the short side of the tube goes into the heater block.
- Place the peek into the aluminium hot end holder.
- Attach the peek to the hot end isolator tube. Hold the aluminium heater block in the same position and rotate the peek.
Note: Make sure the parts are attached tightly, but be careful not to break the hot end isolator tube.
To connect the hot end cables, perform the following actions:
- Guide the PT100 and the heater cartridge through the front left hole of the aluminium hot end holder (with the hot end being in the front right hole) and the print head housing.
Note: It is easiest to guide the PT100 from the top and the heater cartridge from the bottom of the print head housing and aluminium hot end holder.
- Place the PT100 and heater cartridge in the side of the aluminium heater block with the three holes. The heater cartridge goes in the biggest hole and PT100 in the middle hole.
- Secure the PT100 and heater cartridge with one M3x10 bolt.
- Guide the wires of the fan through the back left hole of the aluminium hot end holder and the print head housing.
- Now guide all the wires (PT100, heater cartridge and fan) through the middle hole of the wooden part TOP.
- Place the wooden part TOP on the rest of the assembly, with the injection molded part on the right side.
- Tighten the four M3x10 bolts of the print head housing.
- Place the teflon coupler into the wooden part 8B and the peek isolator.
- Place the tube coupling collet into the front hole of the injection molded part.
- Place the two 3 mm spacers around two of the thumb screws and put them through the left side of the print head housing. Screw them into the aluminium hot end holder.
- Put the other two thumb screws through the right side of the print head housing, through the injection molded part. Screw them into the aluminium hot end holder.
- First place the warning sticker on the metal fanduct.
- Place the metal fanduct around the heater block, make sure the fan will be on the left side of the print head.
- Use two M3x4 bolts to lock it into place by screwing them into the aluminium plate of the hot end assembly.
- Position the fan correctly between the metal fancap and the hot end with the sticker facing downwards.
- Use the two M3x16 bolts to secure the fan and fancap to the aluminum plate of the hot end assembly.
- Secure the fan to the metal fancap by using the two self tapping screws, use the crosshead screwdriver.