- Take off the print head top part and remove the black injection molded part.
- Use a 1.5 mm flat screwdriver to remove the thermocouple sensor wires from the from thermocouple transmitter board.
Tip: Mark the wires of the thermocouple sensor; this makes assembly later on much easier.
- Disconnect the print head fan from the connector on top of the print head.
- Take off the print head bottom part.
- Guide all the cables (heater cartridge, thermocouple sensor and fan) through the print head from top to bottom. You can now completely remove the print head top and bottom part.
Tip: Mark the heater cartridge cables; this makes assembly later on much easier.
- Take the print head top part and remove the thermocouple transmitter board.
Ultimaker 3 Maintenance Kit
- Clean the printer
- Lubricate the axles
- Check for play on axles
- Check the tension of the short belts
- Check for residue in the front fan of the print head
- Check the quality of the silicone cover
- Lubricate the lead screw of the Z motor
- How to use cleaning filament
- Clean the feeders
- Replace the Bowden tubes
- Advanced 3D Printing Kit for Ultimaker 3
Ultimaker 2+ Maintenance Kit
- Installing the Extrusion Upgrade kit
- Removing the cable cover
- Loosening the electronics
- Disconnecting the cables
- Replacing the feeder
- Replacing the build plate clamps
- Removing the print head
- Installing the new print head
- The bowden tube
- Guiding the cables
- Connecting the cables
- Attaching the main board
- Attaching the cable cover
- Aligning the axles
- Firmware and bed leveling
- Completing the upgrade
- Extrusion upgrade
- Advanced 3D Printing Kit for Ultimaker 2+
- Olsson block upgrade
Dual Extrusion kit
- Print head