- Unscrew the 30 mm bolt closest to the small wooden C part from each sliding block.
- Remove the small wooden C parts from the sliding blocks.
- Lift the claws of the left and right sliding block. You can now slightly tilt the sliding blocks towards the center of the Ultimaker, so that the print head X shaft gets loose.
- Open the claws of the front and back sliding block. Tilt the sliding blocks slightly so the print head Y shaft gets loose and take the print head housing with the two shafts out of the frame.
- Now, take the print head housing and disassemble it. You don’t need the wooden parts anymore, but please keep the other parts.
Ultimaker 3 Maintenance Kit
- Clean the printer
- Lubricate the axles
- Check for play on axles
- Check the tension of the short belts
- Check for residue in the front fan of the print head
- Check the quality of the silicone cover
- Lubricate the lead screw of the Z motor
- How to use cleaning filament
- Clean the feeders
- Replace the Bowden tubes
- Advanced 3D Printing Kit for Ultimaker 3
Ultimaker 2+ Maintenance Kit
- Installing the Extrusion Upgrade kit
- Removing the cable cover
- Loosening the electronics
- Disconnecting the cables
- Replacing the feeder
- Replacing the build plate clamps
- Removing the print head
- Installing the new print head
- The bowden tube
- Guiding the cables
- Connecting the cables
- Attaching the main board
- Attaching the cable cover
- Aligning the axles
- Firmware and bed leveling
- Completing the upgrade
- Extrusion upgrade
- Advanced 3D Printing Kit for Ultimaker 2+
- Olsson block upgrade
Dual Extrusion kit
- Print head