- Take the old hot end and make guide the cables through the aluminium hot end holder. Make sure they go through the hole directly behind the hot end (with the hot end being in the front left hole).
- Take the new hot end parts and hold the aluminium heater block with the big hole up. Attach the nozzle into the bottom of the heater block. Make sure it is as tight as possible (by hand).
- Attach the hot end isolator tube to the aluminium heater block. Make sure the short side of the tube goes into the heater block.
- Place the peek into the aluminium hot end holder (next to the other hot end).
- Attach the peek to the hot end isolator tube. Hold the aluminium heater block in the same position and rotate the peek. Make sure both hot ends are positioned in the same way.
Note: Make sure the parts are attached tightly, but be careful not to break the hot end isolator tube.
- Place the teflon coupler into the peek isolator.
- Place the thermocouple sensor and heater cartridge in the side of the aluminium heater block with the three holes. The heater cartridge goes in the biggest hole and the thermocouple sensor in the middle hole.
- Guide the cables of the heater cartridge and thermocouple sensor through the aluminium hot end holder.
- Secure the thermocouple sensor and heater cartridge with one M3x10 bolt.
Note: Before you continue, check if you can see the difference between the cables of the two hot ends. If not, make sure to mark them first.
Ultimaker 3 Maintenance Kit
- Clean the printer
- Lubricate the axles
- Check for play on axles
- Check the tension of the short belts
- Check for residue in the front fan of the print head
- Check the quality of the silicone cover
- Lubricate the lead screw of the Z motor
- How to use cleaning filament
- Clean the feeders
- Replace the Bowden tubes
- Advanced 3D Printing Kit for Ultimaker 3
Ultimaker 2+ Maintenance Kit
- Installing the Extrusion Upgrade kit
- Removing the cable cover
- Loosening the electronics
- Disconnecting the cables
- Replacing the feeder
- Replacing the build plate clamps
- Removing the print head
- Installing the new print head
- The bowden tube
- Guiding the cables
- Connecting the cables
- Attaching the main board
- Attaching the cable cover
- Aligning the axles
- Firmware and bed leveling
- Completing the upgrade
- Extrusion upgrade
- Advanced 3D Printing Kit for Ultimaker 2+
- Olsson block upgrade
Dual Extrusion kit
- Print head