- Take the wooden part marked TOP and attach the black injection molded part with one M3x12 bolt and a hex nut.
- Place four M3x16 bolts through the bottom side of the wooden TOP part and place the acrylic mounting plates on top.
- Place the thermocouple transmitter boards on the acrylic mounting plates. Make sure the green screw terminals are facing outwards.
- Screw the threaded spacers on the four bolts.
- Place the strain reliefs on top of the threaded spacers and secure each with two M3x10 bolts.
- Take the wooden print head housing parts marked FRONT, BACK, LEFT, RIGHT.
- Place one linear bearing in the FRONT and the BACK side of the print head housing. Make sure the engravings are on the outside.
Note: Look at the inside of the linear bearings and note their orientation. Make sure the 4 rows of balls are in an x shape, not a +.
- Place one linear bearing in the RIGHT side of the print head housing.
- Fit the RIGHT side with bearing into the FRONT-BACK sides of the print head housing. Now press the LEFT side on and make sure the bearing fits neatly in the corresponding hole.
- Loosely secure the print head housing with four M3x10 bolts and four hex nuts. Do not tighten completely yet.
Ultimaker 3 Maintenance Kit
- Clean the printer
- Lubricate the axles
- Check for play on axles
- Check the tension of the short belts
- Check for residue in the front fan of the print head
- Check the quality of the silicone cover
- Lubricate the lead screw of the Z motor
- How to use cleaning filament
- Clean the feeders
- Replace the Bowden tubes
- Advanced 3D Printing Kit for Ultimaker 3
Ultimaker 2+ Maintenance Kit
- Installing the Extrusion Upgrade kit
- Removing the cable cover
- Loosening the electronics
- Disconnecting the cables
- Replacing the feeder
- Replacing the build plate clamps
- Removing the print head
- Installing the new print head
- The bowden tube
- Guiding the cables
- Connecting the cables
- Attaching the main board
- Attaching the cable cover
- Aligning the axles
- Firmware and bed leveling
- Completing the upgrade
- Extrusion upgrade
- Advanced 3D Printing Kit for Ultimaker 2+
- Olsson block upgrade
Dual Extrusion kit
- Print head