- Place the small ball bearing into the hole in the black wheel.
Tip: Use a redundant piece of wood to fit the bearing in place.
- Insert four M3x16 bolts through the flat side of side plate A.
- Place the mounting plate over the four bolts and put a hex nut in the T-slot.
- Lastly, place side plate B over the four bolts and secure with four lock nuts.
- Put the black wheel in the notch in the mounting plate. Insert one M3x20 bolt through the side plates and ball bearing and place one lock nut on the end of the bolt.
- Put the U-bracket onto the clamp assembly. Take one M3x25 bolt and put a washer and the spring around it. Insert the bolt through the hole in the U-bracket and tighten.
Note: Because of the tension on the spring it might take some force. The length of the spring should be 11 mm.
- Attach the clamp assembly to the main feeder housing in the bottom right corner, using one M3x20 bolt and one lock nut. Do not overtighten, the clamp assembly should be able to rotate.
- Loosely attach the lever to the slot in the main feeder housing with one M3x20 bolt and one lock nut. Make sure the flat side of the lever is pointing up.
Ultimaker 3 Maintenance Kit
- Clean the printer
- Lubricate the axles
- Check for play on axles
- Check the tension of the short belts
- Check for residue in the front fan of the print head
- Check the quality of the silicone cover
- Lubricate the lead screw of the Z motor
- How to use cleaning filament
- Clean the feeders
- Replace the Bowden tubes
- Advanced 3D Printing Kit for Ultimaker 3
Ultimaker 2+ Maintenance Kit
- Installing the Extrusion Upgrade kit
- Removing the cable cover
- Loosening the electronics
- Disconnecting the cables
- Replacing the feeder
- Replacing the build plate clamps
- Removing the print head
- Installing the new print head
- The bowden tube
- Guiding the cables
- Connecting the cables
- Attaching the main board
- Attaching the cable cover
- Aligning the axles
- Firmware and bed leveling
- Completing the upgrade
- Extrusion upgrade
- Advanced 3D Printing Kit for Ultimaker 2+
- Olsson block upgrade
Dual Extrusion kit
- Print head