Before you can start printing the nozzles must be aligned. It is important that they are exactly positioned at the same height.
- Slightly loosen the upper Z limit switch and move it all the way to the bottom.
- Manually raise the Z stage until the upper Z limit switch is pressed. You should hear a ‘clicking’ sound.
- Check if the print head thumb screws on the right side are not putting too much pressure on the corrugated spring washers. Give them some space to move up or down.
- Move the print head to the front left corner.
- Place a piece of paper between the nozzle at the front side and the build plate. Use a hex key to adjust the build plate screw until you feel slight friction when moving the piece of paper.
Note: Make sure the second nozzle is a little bit higher than the first nozzle.
- Repeat this process for the other 3 corners (back left, back right and front right).
Note: Do not use the Cura bed leveling wizard for this.
- Check the build plate calibration by placing the print head in the center and moving the piece of paper between the nozzle and build plate.
- Place the piece of paper under both nozzles and adjust the print head thumb screws on the right side until the nozzles are exactly at the same height. You should feel equal friction when moving the piece of paper under each nozzle.
Ultimaker 3 Maintenance Kit
- Clean the printer
- Lubricate the axles
- Check for play on axles
- Check the tension of the short belts
- Check for residue in the front fan of the print head
- Check the quality of the silicone cover
- Lubricate the lead screw of the Z motor
- How to use cleaning filament
- Clean the feeders
- Replace the Bowden tubes
- Advanced 3D Printing Kit for Ultimaker 3
Ultimaker 2+ Maintenance Kit
- Installing the Extrusion Upgrade kit
- Removing the cable cover
- Loosening the electronics
- Disconnecting the cables
- Replacing the feeder
- Replacing the build plate clamps
- Removing the print head
- Installing the new print head
- The bowden tube
- Guiding the cables
- Connecting the cables
- Attaching the main board
- Attaching the cable cover
- Aligning the axles
- Firmware and bed leveling
- Completing the upgrade
- Extrusion upgrade
- Advanced 3D Printing Kit for Ultimaker 2+
- Olsson block upgrade
Dual Extrusion kit
- Print head