The lead screw is connected to the Z motor and controls the movements of the Z stage. To ensure smooth movement of the Z stage, it is recommended to periodically apply Magnalube to the lead screw.
Over time, the Magnalube may need to be reapplied to maintain consistent and accurate movement of the Z stage. It is recommended to do this once every three months. A tube of Magnalube is included in the Maintenance Kit for the Ultimaker 2+.
- 5 minutes
Lubricate the lead screw
- Make sure that the build plate is positioned at the bottom of the Ultimaker 2+.
- Apply a small amount of Magnalube to the lead screw of the Z motor.
- In the Ultimaker menu, navigate to "Maintenance > Advanced".
- Select "Raise build plate" and then "Lower build plate" to move the build plate up and down to evenly distribute the Magnalube.
⚠ Caution: Avoid using Magnalube on the smooth rods of the Z axis. Doing this can affect the coating, which will in turn affect the performance of your Ultimaker 2+.
Ultimaker 3 Maintenance Kit
- Clean the printer
- Lubricate the axles
- Check for play on axles
- Check the tension of the short belts
- Check for residue in the front fan of the print head
- Check the quality of the silicone cover
- Lubricate the lead screw of the Z motor
- How to use cleaning filament
- Clean the feeders
- Replace the Bowden tubes
- Advanced 3D Printing Kit for Ultimaker 3
Ultimaker 2+ Maintenance Kit
- Installing the Extrusion Upgrade kit
- Removing the cable cover
- Loosening the electronics
- Disconnecting the cables
- Replacing the feeder
- Replacing the build plate clamps
- Removing the print head
- Installing the new print head
- The bowden tube
- Guiding the cables
- Connecting the cables
- Attaching the main board
- Attaching the cable cover
- Aligning the axles
- Firmware and bed leveling
- Completing the upgrade
- Extrusion upgrade
- Advanced 3D Printing Kit for Ultimaker 2+
- Olsson block upgrade
Dual Extrusion kit
- Print head