The glass plate is the printing platform of the Ultimaker 3. This sheet of safety glass provides a smooth and flat surface for printing and distributes the warmth from the heated bed below.
For most materials, we recommend to apply a thin layer of glue to the glass to ensure good adhesion. For other materials, such as ABS and CPE, the glue must be applied, as besides improving adhesion it also serves as a protective layer for the glass. Not using glue can lead to chipping of the glass when removing the print.
When there are chips missing from the glass plate, it is recommended to replace it, both for ensuring adhesion and for safety reasons.
- 1 or 2x 1154 Glass plate
- 2 minutes
1. Open the build plate clamps
- Open the build plate clamps at the front of the glass plate.
2. Remove the glass plate
- Slide the glass plate out of the build plate clamps at the back.
- Remove the glass plate from the printer and dispose of it.
1. Place the glass plate on the heated bed
- Hold the new glass plate with the warning sticker facing upwards.
- Slide the glass plate onto the build plate and ensure that it snaps into the build plate clamps at the back.
2. Close the build plate clamps
- To secure the glass plate, close the two build plate clamps at the front.
Caution: Leaving the build plate clamps open may damage your Ultimaker 3 when the build plate is raised.
Ultimaker 3 Maintenance Kit
- Clean the printer
- Lubricate the axles
- Check for play on axles
- Check the tension of the short belts
- Check for residue in the front fan of the print head
- Check the quality of the silicone cover
- Lubricate the lead screw of the Z motor
- How to use cleaning filament
- Clean the feeders
- Replace the Bowden tubes
- Advanced 3D Printing Kit for Ultimaker 3
Ultimaker 2+ Maintenance Kit
- Installing the Extrusion Upgrade kit
- Removing the cable cover
- Loosening the electronics
- Disconnecting the cables
- Replacing the feeder
- Replacing the build plate clamps
- Removing the print head
- Installing the new print head
- The bowden tube
- Guiding the cables
- Connecting the cables
- Attaching the main board
- Attaching the cable cover
- Aligning the axles
- Firmware and bed leveling
- Completing the upgrade
- Extrusion upgrade
- Advanced 3D Printing Kit for Ultimaker 2+
- Olsson block upgrade
Dual Extrusion kit
- Print head