Duration: 5-6 weeks
Level: Intermediate/High School
- Students will learn about the history and concepts of the game of chess.
- Students will learn the vocabulary and rules of chess.
- Students will evaluate and select a culture or society in which to design their pieces. (For example, if choosing the Roman Empire, the Emperor would be the king on a normal chess board.)
- Students will learn and understand how societies or cultures are based on hierarchy.
- YouTube Video: ChessKids Lessons.
The Magic of Chess (This video explains the game pieces and how they move on the chess board).
- YouTube Video: The History of Chess (This video explains the history of the game of chess)
- YouTube Video: Paper Weave Placemat
- YouTube Video: What's On YOUR Board Game Box Cover!?
- 99CentGameParts Game parts for boards, boxes, pieces.
- MJS Creations Site for board games, boxes, and game parts.