The clamp clip locks the Bowden tube in place. Without the clamp clip, the tube coupling collets which hold Bowden tube will move during prints, especially during retractions, which can negatively impact print quality.
If the clamp clip breaks or gets lost, you will need to replace it. The following steps describe how to correctly install the clamp clip:
- 1 or 2x 1071 Clamp clip
- 2 minutes
1. Remove the old clamp clip
- Place the print head in the front-right corner.
- Use your fingernail to remove the old clamp clip from the tube coupling collet.
1. Push the Bowden tube in
- Push down on the tube coupling collet.
- While holding the tube coupling collet down, push down on the Bowden tube to insert it fully into the print head or feeder.
2. Ensure the Bowden tube is correctly inserted
- Let go of the tube coupling collet and gently pull the Bowden tube, along with the tube coupling collet, approximately 2 mm upwards.
- Hold the tube coupling collet up with your fingernail.
- While holding the tube coupling collet up, push the Bowden tube down again.
3. Install the new clamp clip
- Place the new clamp clip around the tube coupling collet to lock the Bowden tube in place.
Ultimaker 3 Maintenance Kit
- Clean the printer
- Lubricate the axles
- Check for play on axles
- Check the tension of the short belts
- Check for residue in the front fan of the print head
- Check the quality of the silicone cover
- Lubricate the lead screw of the Z motor
- How to use cleaning filament
- Clean the feeders
- Replace the Bowden tubes
- Advanced 3D Printing Kit for Ultimaker 3
Ultimaker 2+ Maintenance Kit
- Installing the Extrusion Upgrade kit
- Removing the cable cover
- Loosening the electronics
- Disconnecting the cables
- Replacing the feeder
- Replacing the build plate clamps
- Removing the print head
- Installing the new print head
- The bowden tube
- Guiding the cables
- Connecting the cables
- Attaching the main board
- Attaching the cable cover
- Aligning the axles
- Firmware and bed leveling
- Completing the upgrade
- Extrusion upgrade
- Advanced 3D Printing Kit for Ultimaker 2+
- Olsson block upgrade
Dual Extrusion kit
- Print head