The glass plate is the printing platform of the Ultimaker 2+. This sheet of safety glass provides a smooth and flat surface for printing, while evenly distributing the heat from the heated bed.
For most materials, we recommend applying a thin layer of glue to the glass to ensure good adhesion. For other materials, such as ABS and CPE, glue must be applied. This is because as well as improving adhesion, it serves as a protective layer for the glass plate. Not using glue with these materials can lead to the glass chipping when removing a print.
If the glass plate is chipped, it is recommended to replace it in order to ensure adhesion, as well as for safety.
- 1x 1154 Glass plate
- 2 minutes
1. Open the build plate clamps
- Open the build plate clamps at the front of the glass plate.
2. Remove the glass plate
- Pull the glass plate forward so that it slides out of the back build plate clamps.
- Remove the glass plate from the printer and carefully dispose of it.
1. Place the glass plate on the heated bed
- Hold the glass plate with the warning sticker facing upwards.
- Slide the glass plate onto the build plate and ensure that it slides into the build plate clamps at the back.
2. Close the build plate clamps
- To secure the glass plate, close the two build plate clamps at the front.
Ultimaker 3 Maintenance Kit
- Clean the printer
- Lubricate the axles
- Check for play on axles
- Check the tension of the short belts
- Check for residue in the front fan of the print head
- Check the quality of the silicone cover
- Lubricate the lead screw of the Z motor
- How to use cleaning filament
- Clean the feeders
- Replace the Bowden tubes
- Advanced 3D Printing Kit for Ultimaker 3
Ultimaker 2+ Maintenance Kit
- Installing the Extrusion Upgrade kit
- Removing the cable cover
- Loosening the electronics
- Disconnecting the cables
- Replacing the feeder
- Replacing the build plate clamps
- Removing the print head
- Installing the new print head
- The bowden tube
- Guiding the cables
- Connecting the cables
- Attaching the main board
- Attaching the cable cover
- Aligning the axles
- Firmware and bed leveling
- Completing the upgrade
- Extrusion upgrade
- Advanced 3D Printing Kit for Ultimaker 2+
- Olsson block upgrade
Dual Extrusion kit
- Print head