The hot end isolator connects the separate parts of the hot end. It is important that the hot end isolator is properly screwed onto the heater block to prevent any material from gathering between these parts. If material does gather between these parts, it can lead to print quality issues or blockages.
It is recommended to re-tighten the hot end isolator every three months to ensure the parts are connected securely.
- Hex screwdriver
- 5 minutes
1. Remove the filament
- On the Ultimaker 2+, navigate to "Material > Change".
- Remove the filament and select "Cancel".
2. Set nozzle temperature
- On the Ultimaker 2+, navigate to "Maintenance > Advanced > Heatup nozzle".
- Rotate the button to set the temperature to 150ºC.
3. Tighten the hot end isolator
- Take a hex screwdriver and insert it into one of the holes of the hot end isolator.
- Turn the screwdriver clockwise to tighten the hot end isolator until it can’t turn any further.
4. Insert filament
- Exit the "Heat up nozzle" screen and scroll down to "Insert filament."
- Insert the filament in the feeder and load as usual.
Ultimaker 3 Maintenance Kit
- Clean the printer
- Lubricate the axles
- Check for play on axles
- Check the tension of the short belts
- Check for residue in the front fan of the print head
- Check the quality of the silicone cover
- Lubricate the lead screw of the Z motor
- How to use cleaning filament
- Clean the feeders
- Replace the Bowden tubes
- Advanced 3D Printing Kit for Ultimaker 3
Ultimaker 2+ Maintenance Kit
- Installing the Extrusion Upgrade kit
- Removing the cable cover
- Loosening the electronics
- Disconnecting the cables
- Replacing the feeder
- Replacing the build plate clamps
- Removing the print head
- Installing the new print head
- The bowden tube
- Guiding the cables
- Connecting the cables
- Attaching the main board
- Attaching the cable cover
- Aligning the axles
- Firmware and bed leveling
- Completing the upgrade
- Extrusion upgrade
- Advanced 3D Printing Kit for Ultimaker 2+
- Olsson block upgrade
Dual Extrusion kit
- Print head