The lead screw is connected to the Z motor and controls the movements of the Z stage. To ensure smooth movement of the Z stage, it is recommended to periodically apply Magnalube to the lead screw.
Over time, Magnalube may need to be reapplied to maintain consistent and accurate movement of the Z stage. A tube of Magnalube is included in the Accessory Box of your Ultimaker 3.
Note: Because the amount of Magnalube supplied with the Ultimaker 3 is more than sufficient for one year of maintenance for the printer, it is not included in the Maintenance Kit.
- Make sure that the bed is positioned at the bottom of the Ultimaker 3.
- Apply a small amount of Magnalube to the lead screw of the Z motor.
- In the Ultimaker menu, go to “System > Build plate”.
- Select “Raise” and then “Lower” to move the build plate up and down to evenly distribute the Magnalube.
⚠Caution: Do not use Magnalube on the smooth axles, this will affect the working of your Ultimaker 3.
Ultimaker 3 Maintenance Kit
- Clean the printer
- Lubricate the axles
- Check for play on axles
- Check the tension of the short belts
- Check for residue in the front fan of the print head
- Check the quality of the silicone cover
- Lubricate the lead screw of the Z motor
- How to use cleaning filament
- Clean the feeders
- Replace the Bowden tubes
- Advanced 3D Printing Kit for Ultimaker 3
Ultimaker 2+ Maintenance Kit
- Installing the Extrusion Upgrade kit
- Removing the cable cover
- Loosening the electronics
- Disconnecting the cables
- Replacing the feeder
- Replacing the build plate clamps
- Removing the print head
- Installing the new print head
- The bowden tube
- Guiding the cables
- Connecting the cables
- Attaching the main board
- Attaching the cable cover
- Aligning the axles
- Firmware and bed leveling
- Completing the upgrade
- Extrusion upgrade
- Advanced 3D Printing Kit for Ultimaker 2+
- Olsson block upgrade
Dual Extrusion kit
- Print head