The clamp clips lock each Bowden tube in place. Without the clamp clips, the tube coupling collets which hold Bowden tubes can move up and down during printing, especially when retracting. This can negatively impact print quality.
If the clamp clip breaks or gets lost, you need to replace it. The following steps describe how to correctly install the clamp clip. These instructions are the same for the clamp clips at the print head and the feeder.
- 1 - 4x 2137 Clamp clip
- 5 minutes
1. Remove the old clamp clip
- Place the print head in the front-right corner.
- Use your fingernail to remove the old clamp clip from the tube coupling collet.
1. Insert the Bowden tube
- Before placing the new clamp clip, make sure the Bowden tube is still fully inserted into the tube coupling collet.
- While holding the tube coupling collet down, firmly push the Bowden tube into the print head or feeder.
2. Install the new clamp clip
- Place the new clamp clip around the tube coupling collet to lock the Bowden tube in place.
Ultimaker 3 Maintenance Kit
- Clean the printer
- Lubricate the axles
- Check for play on axles
- Check the tension of the short belts
- Check for residue in the front fan of the print head
- Check the quality of the silicone cover
- Lubricate the lead screw of the Z motor
- How to use cleaning filament
- Clean the feeders
- Replace the Bowden tubes
- Advanced 3D Printing Kit for Ultimaker 3
Ultimaker 2+ Maintenance Kit
- Installing the Extrusion Upgrade kit
- Removing the cable cover
- Loosening the electronics
- Disconnecting the cables
- Replacing the feeder
- Replacing the build plate clamps
- Removing the print head
- Installing the new print head
- The bowden tube
- Guiding the cables
- Connecting the cables
- Attaching the main board
- Attaching the cable cover
- Aligning the axles
- Firmware and bed leveling
- Completing the upgrade
- Extrusion upgrade
- Advanced 3D Printing Kit for Ultimaker 2+
- Olsson block upgrade
Dual Extrusion kit
- Print head