The tube coupling collets hold the Bowden tubes in place in the print head and feeders. It has small metal tabs on the inside that grip the Bowden tube to keep it in place.
Over time, these tabs can wear out or bend outwards. When this happens, the collet’s grip on the Bowden tube becomes loose, which can negatively impact print quality. In this case it needs to be replaced. The following steps describe how to correctly replace the tube coupling collet:
- 1 - 4 x 1069 Tube coupling collet
- 5 minutes (Including nozzle cool down time)
- Remove filament from the Ultimaker 3 by navigate to “Material/PrintCore > Material [x] > Unload.”
✔ Tip: When replacing the tube coupling collet in the print head, the print material must be clear of the print head. Push the lever of the feeder up and manually pull the filament back approximately 10 cm.
2. Remove the clamp clip
- Place the print head in the front-right corner.
- Use your fingernail to remove the old clamp clip from the tube coupling collet.
3. Remove the old tube coupling collet
- Place your nail under the edge of the tube coupling collet.
- Pull the tube coupling out of the print head or feeder.
1. Insert the new tube coupling collet
- Push the four legs of the new tube coupling collet slightly inwards.
- Insert the tube coupling collet in the hole in the print head or feeder.
2. Insert the Bowden tube
- Hold the tube coupling collet down.
- At the same time, push the Bowden tube back in place.
- Place the clamp clip around the tube coupling collet to lock the Bowden tube in place.
Ultimaker 3 Maintenance Kit
- Clean the printer
- Lubricate the axles
- Check for play on axles
- Check the tension of the short belts
- Check for residue in the front fan of the print head
- Check the quality of the silicone cover
- Lubricate the lead screw of the Z motor
- How to use cleaning filament
- Clean the feeders
- Replace the Bowden tubes
- Advanced 3D Printing Kit for Ultimaker 3
Ultimaker 2+ Maintenance Kit
- Installing the Extrusion Upgrade kit
- Removing the cable cover
- Loosening the electronics
- Disconnecting the cables
- Replacing the feeder
- Replacing the build plate clamps
- Removing the print head
- Installing the new print head
- The bowden tube
- Guiding the cables
- Connecting the cables
- Attaching the main board
- Attaching the cable cover
- Aligning the axles
- Firmware and bed leveling
- Completing the upgrade
- Extrusion upgrade
- Advanced 3D Printing Kit for Ultimaker 2+
- Olsson block upgrade
Dual Extrusion kit
- Print head