Ultimaker Cura contains a lot of information about the printer, models, print profiles, materials and their configurations. All this information can be saved to share or use later. Sometimes it might be useful to save all the information visible in Ultimaker Cura at once, to open a project later on and easily make some adjustments. That is what Project Saving is for.
Open and Save projects
Opening and saving projects are done right from the 'file' menu, just like with any other file.
- Select 'Open file(s)...' (1) to open a project file
- Select 'Save project' (2) to save a project file
- Open the project by clicking 'Open as project'(3) in the pop-up window
- If you wish to only load the embedded model files, choose 'Import models' (4)
Save project: Summary
When saving a project Ultimaker Cura shows a summary of all settings that are going to be saved. The models on the build plate are saved as well, complete with their transformations. That means that this project will load exactly as it was saved at the time.
- Models on build plate
- Printer settings
- Profile settings
- Settings visibility
When opening a project file which contains equally named settings, Ultimaker Cura cannot know which information is most recent. Therefore, when loading a project you might get the option whether to update the existing (1) setting or create a new (2) one to keep your local settings saved as well.
- Update existing: Will update your local settings and therefore not create new setting entries
- Create new: Will create the setting(s) as new to prevent your local settings from being adjusted