Ultimaker Cura provides the ability to save, share and manage your printing profiles. Working with printing profiles is essential in an efficient work environment. This page explains how to work with printing profiles to get the most out of your 3D printing experience.
The easiest way to quickly create, update and save a profile is through the quick menu. It is also the easiest way to access the profile manager.
- Access the quick menu by clicking the profile (1)
- The currently active profile is indicated by a checkmark (2)
- Create (3) a new profile with the current settings
- Update (4) an already saved profile with the current adjustments
- Discard (5) the current adjustments and revert to the saved profile
- Open the profile manager (6)
When you click on 'profile manager...' it will open in a new screen, with all options available as displayed below.
- The profiles tab (1) is located on the left side of the preferences panel
- Select a profile and click 'activate' (2) to enable it
- Select a profile and click 'duplicate' (3) to make a copy
- Select a profile and click 'remove' (4) to delete the profile
- Select a profile and click 'rename' (5) to change its name
- Import (6) and export (7) profiles to share it with others
- The setting list (8 ) contains all custom settings of the profile
Add a new profile
In Ultimaker Cura you can add new print profiles based on existing profiles. To add a profile, take the following steps:
- Click on Profile in the menu bar or in the settings panel and select Add profile
- A new screen will show up; select Add
- Cura has now automatically added a new profile, which is visible in the list of profiles as a customized version of the profile that was selected
Change settings of a profile
It is also possible to change existing profiles in Cura. Therefore you simply select the profile and exit the profile manager. Use the setting sidebar in the main window to adjust your settings. When you now switch to another profile Cura will ask you whether you want to update the profile or not, or if you want to create a completely new profile.
Import or export profiles
Cura allows you to share profiles with the import and export feature.
Take the following steps to import a profile:
- Click on 'Profile' in the menu bar or in the settings panel and select 'Manage profiles'
- Select 'Import' and choose the profile or G-code you want to load
- Gcode files have the Cura print profile embedded as well, therefore '.curaprofile' and '.gcode' files can be loaded
Exporting a profile can also be done in a few simple steps:
- Click on 'Profile' in the menu bar or in the settings panel and select Manage profiles
- Select the profile you want to export and click on 'Export'
- Enter a name and save the profile on your computer