The Ultimaker Core Lessons will get educators and students up and running with designing for 3D printing and with using Ultimaker printers.
The first set of lessons — published under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License, and available for immediate distribution and classroom use for educators across North America — is the Ultimaker Core Lessons: STEAM Set. The first STEAM Set includes eight lessons that are based on feedback and guidance from STEAM educators.
Whether educators teach K12, Higher Ed, or work in an informal learning environment, integrating 3D printing into their teaching practice using the Ultimaker Core Lessons: STEAM Set will help them meet educational objectives such as:
- Encourage students to be more responsible for their own learning outcomes, or put another way, support personal student exploration in the pursuit of a learning objective.
- Provide powerful learning aids, like Design Thinking techniques.
- Build cooperative learning opportunities.
- Build resiliency by taking advantage of rapid prototyping and testing techniques.
- Develop communication skills through continuous documentation and sharing.
Download the STEAM Set Overview