Ultimaker grants a standard warranty on the Ultimaker S5 product (“Product”) in the country where the Product was purchased.
From the date the Product is sold and delivered to an end-customer for the first time, as evidenced by the original customer’s purchase invoice, Ultimaker warrants the Product is free from defects in material, design and workmanship for a period of twelve (12) months. Only the original purchaser is entitled to claim warranty and the warranty period is limited to his/her lifetime.
For a warranty claim to be valid (i) notification must be made before the end of the warranty period, (ii) conform to any additional stipulations of the warranty, as defined below, (iii) must be substantiated with the original customer’s purchase invoice, (iv) the serial number sticker must still be on the Product(s) and (v) the Product must be returned in the original packaging. Since customers will only be entitled to make a warranty claim on submission of the original invoice and packaging, we advise that both the invoice and official packaging are kept in a safe place. If the original packaging is not available anymore, the customer can purchase such for an additional amount of EUR 25 or equivalent in applicable local currency.
The customer – provided that they are a natural person who is not acting in the course of their profession or business – may claim the rights to which they are entitled under the warranty without prejudice to their rights or claims in accordance with the law.
The Ultimaker warranty is granted under the explicit condition that:
- The Product was sold, delivered and assembled by a recognized Ultimaker Reseller (see www.ultimaker.com for addresses of the recognized Ultimaker Resellers);
- The Product was newly manufactured on the date of purchase and not sold as used, refurbished or manufacturing seconds;
- Ultimaker’s latest software was installed and used in and with the Product;
- The Ultimaker’s installation and maintenance instructions as described in the manual for the Product have been observed. Unless the manual contains ‘do-it-yourself’ assembly instructions for the Product or part thereof and these have been followed up meticulously, the warranty will become invalidated if the Product was at any time disassembled or reassembled by any other person than a recognized Ultimaker Reseller.
Customers are welcome and we encourage them to use third-party materials, accessories, etc.. That in itself, does not void the warranty. If, however, the use of third party elements, causes damage to the Product, the part(s) affected by this damage is excluded from warranty.
If a part of the Product is repaired or replaced during the warranty period, the warranty period still remaining for the entire Product will apply to this part. However, repair and/or replacement will not extend the warranty period.
The Ultimaker Resellers deal with this warranty on behalf of Ultimaker. Therefore, any notification on the basis of this warranty must be made to the Ultimaker Reseller from whom the Product was originally purchased, even if this is not in the customer’s present country of residence.
Any warranty claim must first be recognized as justified, either by Ultimaker’s Reseller or by Ultimaker. If so, the Reseller is obliged to rectify the defects free of charge according to this warranty. If the defect cannot be repaired, the Reseller will, within the warranty period, replace the Product free of charge by an identical product, or, if the Product is no longer manufactured, by a similar replacement of the same value or offer an appropriate refund.
Depending on the country, the warranty may not automatically include costs incurred for shipping defective Products for scrutiny and/or repair, nor for shipping costs of replacement or repaired Product(s) back to claimant.
This warranty does not apply to and therefore does not cover:
- Consumables, such as the glass build plate or the following parts of the dual-core print head: print cores or nozzle cover;
- Any defect or damage caused by the omission to ensure that the filament is in a state fit for usage with the Product and use the filament in accordance with instructions on the spool, packaging and website;
- Any defect or damage caused by inappropriate, incorrect or improper use, installation, maintenance, operation and cleaning or normal wear and tear. For correct use, reference is made to the manual of the Product;
- Any other event, act, default or omission outside Ultimakers’ control, and/or;
- Failure of the Product caused by an accident.
In any event, Ultimaker is not liable for indirect or consequential damages, including but not limited to loss of use, loss of profit or revenue. Furthermore, Ultimaker’s liability is limited to the purchase value of the Product.
Applicable law and competent court
This warranty is exclusively governed by Dutch law. Any dispute arising out of or in connection with this warranty will be exclusively submitted to the jurisdiction of the court (rechtbank) of Midden-Nederland, location Utrecht.