All the extra plugins and printing profiles you need to completely tailor your 3D printing workflow can be found in the Marketplace in Ultimaker Cura.
Here you can browse and download plugins for industry-standard software platforms, adding functionality such as print from CAD, and optimized printing profiles for third-party materials.
You can access the Marketplace from the top menu bar in Ultimaker Cura by selecting Marketplace > Marketplace.
The Marketplace is divided into two sections: Plugins and Materials.
Plugins are extensions for the software that give it extra functionality. They are divided into two sections:
- Featured: The featured plugins are plugins developed by leading software companies, for instance the Solidworks or Siemens NX plugin.
- Community plugins: These are plugins that are developed by community members.
If you select one of the plugins you can find extra information, such as the version number and date it was last updated.
In the Materials section, you can find all the material profiles offered for third-party materials. By offering these profiles it is easier to use third-party materials on Ultimaker printers as you can use profiles with preconfigured settings.
The profiles are divided into three sections:
- Featured: In the Featured section you can find profiles of material companies that Ultimaker collaborates with.
- Community contributions: These are material profiles developed by community members.
- Generic materials: These are the generic material profiles developed by Ultimaker. They are installed by default in Ultimaker Cura and can be used as a basis when developing a new profile.
Specifically for the featured material companies, you can find additional information for each of their materials. This includes for instance a short description of the material and a link to the data sheets.
Plugin and profile installation
To install a plugin or profile from the Marketplace, take the following steps:
- Open the Marketplace in Ultimaker Cura by navigating to Marketplace > Marketplace.
- Select the plugin or profile you want to install and click Install.
- Quit and restart Ultimaker Cura to enable the plugin or profile.
If you want to know which plugins and profiles are installed, you can go to the Installed section in the top-right corner in the Marketplace. This will provide an overview of all the installed plugins and profiles, including the version number. If a new version of a plugin or profile is available an Update button will show up next to the plugin or profile, so you can directly update from there.
Note: In the Plugins and Materials overviews you can also see which plugins and profiles are installed by a checkmark icon in the bottom-right corner.