To take advantage of Ultimaker Cloud services on your Ultimaker 3D printer, you must first pair it with your Ultimaker account. By doing this, you will be able to send and monitor print jobs from anywhere in the world.
- An internet connection
- A networked Ultimaker 3D printer, such as the Ultimaker S5 or Ultimaker 3 (Extended) with firmware 5.2.8 or later
- Ultimaker Cura 4.0 or later
Note: Ultimaker Cura 4.1 is used here for demonstration purposes. The exact workflow shown may vary in later versions.
Connecting to Ultimaker Cloud
When connecting your printer to Ultimaker Cloud for the first time, you must be connected to the printer via a local area network using a Wi-Fi or Ethernet connection.
With Ultimaker Cura and the cloud compatible printer on the same network, you can begin establishing the initial cloud connection. The simplest way to do this is by following these steps from within Ultimaker Cura:
- Add a networked printer to Ultimaker Cura
- Sign in to Ultimaker Cura with your Ultimaker account
- Pair the printer with your Ultimaker account via the Ultimaker Cura popup prompt, or via Ultimaker Connect
Add a networked printer to Ultimaker Cura
Ultimaker Cura 4.1 and later will display an add printer flow automatically on the first startup. Under ‘Add a Networked printer’, select your preferred printer, and click ‘add’. You can also access this flow by clicking ‘Add printer’ from the collapsible printer panel in Ultimaker Cura’s main interface.
After your printer is added, a blue tick mark will show next to the printer icon in the stage menu.
Sign in with your Ultimaker account
In Ultimaker Cura, use the sign in button in the top-right section of the interface to sign in.
If you don’t already have an Ultimaker account, you can create one here.
Pair the networked printer with your Ultimaker account
When signed in and connected to a networked printer, it must be paired with your Ultimaker account. There are two ways to achieve this:
Via the popup
Cloud-compatible Ultimaker 3D printers will be detected automatically by Ultimaker Cura, and a popup will appear in the interface to notify this. Click ‘Get started’ in the popup to establish a cloud connection.
If you have dismissed the popup, you can use Ultimaker Connect to establish a connection.
Via Ultimaker Connect
To view the cloud connectivity status of your printer from Ultimaker Connect:
- Go to the Monitor stage in Ultimaker Cura
- Click ‘Go to Ultimaker Connect’. Your default browser will open to display the Ultimaker Connect page
- Navigate to the settings tab of the Ultimaker Connect by clicking the cog icon in the toolbar
- Your printers cloud connectivity status is displayed
You can also access this page by inputting your printers IP address into any browser. Find your printer’s IP address, by navigating to Settings > Network on the printer’s main display.
If the printer is not paired with an Ultimaker account, the process can be started here. You can also unpair your printer from here if you need to.
Cloud connectivity setup
A browser window will open automatically when setting up cloud connectivity. Complete the process by:
- Signing in with your Ultimaker account
- Allowing access to Ultimaker Connect and Ultimaker Cloud to read, access, and exchange data between these platforms
- Inputting the safety verification PIN on your printer’s display
- Opening Ultimaker Cura and signing in with your Ultimaker account
When the cloud connectivity setup is successfully completed, a popup in Ultimaker Cura will confirm this.
Ultimaker Cura will now remain connected to your printer via the cloud when outside your local network. A cloud-connected printer is indicated in Ultimaker Cura with a cloud icon.