The Material Station was unable to load the material towards the Ultimaker S5 completely; the material did not reach the Ultimaker S5 feeder.
This could be due to:
- Excessive friction in the system connecting to the Ultimaker S5 Feeder
- The tip of the filament is not straight and pointy
- Low traction in the prefeeder
To resolve this error, please do the following:
- Note the bay number and extruder number indicated by the display
- Power down the Ultimaker S5
- Detach the power cable from the Material Station
- Detach the Bowden tubes from the extruder where the problem is occurring
- Gently push and pull the filament at the entry point by hand
- While pushing and pulling, observe the back of the machine to verify material movement
(i) Moving filament by hand should be possible and not require excessive force.
- Continue pushing until the filament sticks out a few centimeters out of the Bowden tube at the back
- Cut the currently loaded filament roll at the entry point of the material station
- Grab the end of the filament sticking out of the Bowden tube at the back and gently pull the remaining filament completely out of the system
- Reattach the Bowden tubes to the feeder
- Power up the Material Station, then the Ultimaker S5 and continue operation
If there is low traction in the prefeeder, it could indicate a faulty prefeeder. Please contact your local service provider for assistance.