The Material Station was unable to successfully unload the current material in the final unloading stage.
This could be due to:
- The filament is stuck in the system or decoupler.
- The prefeeder of the Material Station is faulty.
To troubleshoot, please do the following:
- Note the bay number and extruder number indicated by the display.
- Power down the Ultimaker S5.
- Detach the power cable from the Material Station.
- Check the filament entry point at the front side of the Material Station at the noted bay and extruder.- If the filament spool failed unloading completely, please continue to the next step.- If the spool is completely unloaded and coiled loose on the spool, please contact your local service provider for assistance.
- Check the short tube at the back of the Material station; between the machine exit point and the decoupler.- If the filament is visible at this location, but not visible above the decoupler, it means the filament is stuck in the decoupler. Please continue to the next step.- If the filament is not visible at all at the back of the machine, it means the filament is stuck inside the system. Please continue to the next step.
- Gently push the stuck filament forward through the system until you see the faulty filament coming out of the Bowden tube at the back.
- Continue pushing until the new filament sticks out a few centimeters out of the Bowden tube at the back.
(!) Always push loose filament forward through the system, never the other way around.
- Cut the currently loaded filament roll at the entry point of the material station.
- Grab the end of the filament sticking out of the Bowden tube at the back and gently pull the remaining filament completely out of the system.
- Reattach the Bowden tubes to the feeder.
- Power up the Material Station, then the Ultimaker S5 and continue operation.
For step-by-step instructions (including photos) on how to remove the broken PVA from the system, read our troubleshooting guide.
If the problem still persists, please contact your local service provider for assistance.