This Statement was last updated on April 12, 2019
WHEN WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Ultimaker may request you to provide certain personal data in case you:
- download software or a white paper from our Website
- request a service from Ultimaker
- sign up for commercial communications; or
- submit a contact request
Ultimaker may use personal data to:
- improve and develop our products
- perform contractual obligations or take pre-contractual measures
- provide you with a requested service
- get in touch with you upon your request
- engage in (direct) marketing activities
- engage in personalized communications and advertising (with your consent); and
- improve and analyse the use of the Website
Where required, Ultimaker will request your permission to use your personal data. In other cases, Ultimaker may process your personal data for the following purposes:
- for the performance of a contract with you or in order to take pre-contractual steps at your request
- for compliance with a legal obligation to which Ultimaker is subject; or
- for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by Ultimaker or by a third party
WHEN WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Depending on your interactions with Ultimaker, Ultimaker may disclose your data to the following third parties:
- the Ultimaker distributor and resellers in your territory, when you request a quotation
- parties involved in performing an agreement entered into between Ultimaker and you or your company e.g. to service partners for on-site support
- Ultimaker's affiliated entities
- Ultimaker's external advisors
- (potential) investors or parties interested in acquiring (a part of) Ultimaker's business; and
- other third parties to whom Ultimaker is obliged or entitled to disclose the data by virtue of applicable law or by order of a court or other competent authority
Ultimaker will only transfer your data to countries outside the European Economic Area as long as it is required and used for its approved purpose. For these transfers we ensure that legally accepted safeguards are in place to protect your personal data.
EMAIL MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS
If you opt in to receive email marketing communications from us, we keep you posted on Ultimaker's latest product announcements, software updates, and new relevant content published on our Website. Pixel tags are embedded in our newsletters, giving us insight whether an email has been opened or not. We may use this information to reduce or eliminate information in our communications.
In some of our email messages, we use a “click-through URL” linked to content on the Ultimaker Website. We track this click-through data to help us determine interest in particular topics and measure the effectiveness of our customer communications. If you’d prefer not to be tracked in this way, do not click text or graphic links in the email messages.
You can also unsubscribe from future communications by clicking the "unsubscribe" button in such communications.
DATA RETENTION, MODIFICATION AND DELETION
We will only retain and process the data for the purpose you have provided it to us. You are free to modify any data you have provided to us. Upon a data request removal, all active user data is removed. However, your data can still be part of an encrypted database backup.
You have the legal right to:
- request access to your personal data
- request the rectification and erasure of your personal data
- request a restriction of the processing of your personal data
- submit a request for data portability
- object to the processing of your personal data, especially where Ultimaker processes your personal data for marketing related profiling
- withdraw your consent for the processing of your personal data at any time; and
- lodge a complaint with the competent supervisory authority (Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens)
If you wish to exercise your rights, or do have any questions regarding privacy on the Website, please contact us at email@example.com. We will respond to your request as soon as we reasonably can and in no event later than 30 days from your request.
HOW WE SECURE YOUR DATA
Ultimaker takes the protection of your data seriously and takes appropriate measures to prevent abuse, loss, alteration, unauthorized access and unauthorized changes. If you have the impression that your data is not properly protected or there are indications of abuse, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
COOKIES AND SIMILAR TECHNOLOGIES
MARKETING RELATED PROFILING
When you accept the tracking cookies on the Website, we analyse your behaviour with our marketing tools, in order to provide tailored content to you. Related cookies are not placed without your explicit consent and can be deleted from your browser at any time, as described below.
- Internet Explorer
FUNCTIONAL AND TECHNICAL COOKIES
Functional cookies enable the Website to function properly.
|Google Tag Manager||Ultimaker uses Google Tag Manager to serve functional, analytical and marketing tags. It can also be used to serve the cookie consent dialog and makes sure only the right tags are used.|
|MyFonts Counter||This font counter is necessary to display fonts used on the Website.|
|Google Analytics||Ultimaker uses Google Analytics to analyze visitor behaviour on the Website by way of anonymized data.|
|Google Optimize||Ultimaker uses Google Optimize for testing alternate versions of content on the website. Google Optimize uses analytical cookies to target content variants to a user and a content experiment cookie to determine how a user interacts with the content being tested.|
|Hotjar||Ultimaker uses Hotjar to create heatmaps, record anonymized sessions, form analytics and survey functionality to help us improve the Website.|
ADVERTISING COOKIES AND OTHER TECHNOLOGIES
|DoubleClick||This enables targeting ads based on what is relevant to a user, improving reporting on campaign performance, and avoiding showing ads already seen by a visitor. As an advertiser, Ultimaker can set how long and how often the ad will be shown in the browser.|
|Facebook Custom Audience||This enables Ultimaker to find its existing audiences among people who are on Facebook (by importing our email lists) and create "lookalikes" (a set of people who are similar to the people currently engaging with our business).|
|Facebook Pixel||This enables creating custom audiences for Ultimaker ads, measuring conversion rates and targeting people on Facebook with relevant ads.|
|Google Adwords Conversion||This enables Ultimaker to determine how many users interact with its ads, which ads and ad groups are performing better and whether users complete the actions defined as conversions.|
|Google Adwords User Lists||This enables remarketing and constructing targeted campaigns based on the standard audience types.|
|Google Dynamic Remarketing||This enables showing visitors an ad with the specific product a visitor has previously viewed on the Website.|
|Eloqua||Refer to the "Marketing related profiling" section in this Statement.|
|LinkedIn Ads||This enables conversion tracking and remarketing.|
|LinkedIn Marketing Solutions||This enables conversion tracking and remarketing.|
|Microsoft Bing Universal Event Tracking||This enables conversion tracking and targeting audiences with remarketing lists. To customize your online experience on Microsoft websites, please visit: https://account.microsoft.com/privacy/ad-settings.|
|Outbrain Amplify||This enables engaging in remarketing via Outbrain's content network.|
|Outbrain Pixel||This enables tracking conversions and other events triggered after a user visited the Website after clicking the ad.|
|Twitter Advertising||This enables displaying ads to Twitter users and remarket them based on user interests and devices.|
|Twitter Conversion Tracking||Track conversions triggered after a user visited the Website after clicking a Twitter ad.|
PURPOSE AND HOW WE USE YOUR DATA
WHAT WE COLLECT
Your general personal information is required for the creation of an account. Remember, you can always edit your profile to update the personal information you provide to us.
During your interactions with us, we collect:
- Access tokens and IP addresses from login attempts
- User diagnostics
- Printer information like print group identifiers, printer statuses and print job statuses
- Meta data from your prints e.g. temperature, used materials
- Your Ultimaker Cura configuration data
In addition to the general paragraph set out above, the following applies in respect of the Ultimaker Account. We use functional and analytical cookies on account.ultimaker.com.
|Google Tag Manager||Google Tag Manager is used to serve functional, analytical and marketing tags. It can also be used to serve the cookie consent dialog and makes sure only the right tags are used.|
|Google Analytics||Google Analytics is used to analyse visitor behaviour on account.ultimaker.com by way of anonymized data.|