We are looking for a DevOps Engineer who can help our team to build, manage and maintain the cutting-edge solution stacks that power our platforms, as well as a range of (cloud based) applications.
Does this sound like you? Are you looking for a working environment where you can be yourself? Then keep reading!
What will you be doing?
As a DevOps Engineer, you will work closely with developers and product specialists to deploy and maintain application stacks. You will improve the developer’s workflows through your proactive evaluation of suitable tools. You will be responsible for the smooth operation of (online) services and will react quickly to incidents and downtimes. You are self-sufficient. You think outside the box and actively engage with your team to get the work done.
In this position, you will be:
- working intensively with your Scrum team members;
- joining the daily standup meetings and demos;
- setting priorities for yourself;
- helping create awesome solutions.
What will your team look like?
You will be working with talented software developers, software testers, UX designers and product owners, and you will help to create the best software products. We set the bar high and we want you to help us reach that standard.
What have we worked on recently?
- We just released a brand new version of our 3D slicing software (Cura).
- We have completely reengineered Cura from the ground up; it still offers the functionality of the old Cura and it brings in over 300 customizable settings.
- We have released a new 3D printer, the Ultimaker 3, with a vast range of network connected capabilities.
What will your day in the office be like?
During the morning standup, you touch base with your team and discuss who will do what and whether anyone needs your help. You keep an eye on the production systems and check the metrics for performance issues. After working on the design of the new CI system, you merge a PR from a colleague on GitHub. You always have a terminal open with several SSH sessions as well as a browser tab with the documentation wiki. Over lunch in the canteen, you hear about a cool new 3D model. You plan to 3D print it at home later. You have a meeting with a couple of developers to discuss the functionality of a very exciting new service.
Do you fit this profile?
- Bachelor’s degree in computing, computer science and engineering or similar, with a minimum of three years’ relevant working experience
- Experience in a similar position within software development or, preferably, product development
- Strong Linux / Unix background
- Extensive experience in designing, maintaining and building CI environments (both online and offline)
- Experience supporting network infrastructure like firewalls, DHCP, and DNS
- Experience supporting 24 x 7 high availability internet application environments including web, database, and load balancing systems
- In-depth experience with deployment of production systems
- Extensive experience of working in Agile / Scrum development teams
- Able to help make informed decisions on paid SaaS versus setting up a service ourselves
- A proactive, passionate and inventive attitude
- A flexible attitude with the ability to work under pressure
- Good communication skills in Dutch and/or English
Definitely a plus
- Experience working with Docker and a thorough understanding of containerization
- Experience with JIRA
- Experience with distributed database systems
The benefits of working with us
- A competitive salary in line with your experience
- Contributions to your pension by Ultimaker
- Paid daily commute
- 27 days of paid leave per year
- Use of an Ultimaker 3D printer
- An open family atmosphere and fun work environment
- Lunch with healthy sandwiches, salads, and a daily special
- A cutting-edge Lenovo laptop
- A convenient location within walking distance of public transport and near the highway
- Room to expand your knowledge by following courses and going to meetups
More about Ultimaker
Ultimaker has been in operation since 2011, and over the years has grown to become a market leader, creating powerful, professional and accessible desktop 3D printers. With offices in the Netherlands, New York, and Boston, plus production facilities in both Europe and the US, Ultimaker’s team of over 250 employees continually strives to offer the highest-quality 3D printers, software, and materials on the market.
We offer you the chance to become a part of a young, fast-growing, technically advanced company. We are focused on further developing the Ultimaker, developing the world of 3D printing, and further expanding the skills of our people.
We are ordinary people with extraordinary plans. Evolution is in our blood and we have the drive to make the unbelievable believable. Just like our community of tenacious tinkerers, we love to try new ideas and see what works. In fact, they often conceive of wonders we could never have imagined on our own. Together we make one hell of a team.
Interested in working for us? Please contact Maria Verdu by sending your motivation letter and resume or by phone.
Agency calls will not be appreciated.